☆22☆

Monday brought wonderful news.  Nari received a high grade on her performance over the weekend and she was so happy.  The professor was "kind" enough to let them know there would be no more recitals for a while so they could all rest easy.  A collective sigh of relief had washed over the lecture room. 

As she walked from ten bus stop to the coffee shop, Nari let her mind wander.  She never did figure out who sent her the flowers.  Nana knew nothing of them.  No one confessed on Twitter.  It was a great mystery.  In a way it sort of creeped her out knowing someone out there was keeping up with her comings and goings.  The other half of her was gladdened by the fact someone cared to congratulate her on something as simple as a recital for a college class. 

Her fingers twirled her backpack straps around them and she smiled as she walked.  They were pretty roses.  So small and delicate.  The room even smelled a little better because of them.  She walked into the shop and was greeted by a smiling Jun. 

"Jun!  Good afternoon.  How are you today?"  She grinned and removed her backpack.  He seemed to look happier today.  If he truly was, she was glad for it.  If anyone would be glad to see it, the kitchen staff would be for sure.

"I'm doing well, actually," he said in a low tone. His smile was genuine and she truly felt he was saying the truth. "I want to talk to you when you take your break today, okay? I'll make your favorite tea." He smiled and turned away, walking back into the kitchen.

Nari blushed. She smacked her cheeks lightly reminding herself that the man meant nothing by his statement and offer. She had no reason to read into it at all. She sighed deeply and with determined steps she made her way to the piano bench. She removed the red felt from the piano and placed her fingers on the keys. Her light heart flowed through the music and the shop was kept lively and bright.

Soon after, a customer walked in and made their way through the restaurant. They sat in the back corner at a small table and a pair of eyes then watched her movements with intense focus. He watched her as she swayed gently with the rhythm and as her fingers made their way across the keys he felt his own heart was being played. Without even trying she had pulled him in. He was determined to know more about her. It was imperative he did. When she stopped for a break, he felt himself breathe again and he leaned back in his chair. It was almost too much to take in.

While she had played, all of his stress and worries about the upcoming comeback had melted away from Jimin's shoulders. He had taken a much needed break from practice and preparations to come sit at the coffee shop and collect his thoughts. When she had stopped, he couldn't remember even thinking about any of those things. He watched her stand up from the bench and walk quietly over to the counter. He watched her through narrowed eyes as she took a cup from the barista standing there, leaning on the counter with a stupid smile on his face. Jimin felt himself frown deeply. What did that guy mean to her?

Nari took the cup of tea from Jun's hands and sighed with contentment as she sipped the warm brown liquid from the cup. "Mmmm. I don't know what you do to this tea, but it's always delicious," she mumbled, setting the tea cup down on the counter.

Jun chuckled softly and shrugged. "I don't know what I do to it either but as long as you enjoy it, that's enough for me."

Nari smiled and nodded. "So what did you want to talk to me about?"

"I was sort of rude to you the other day. I felt like I needed to explain my actions and then apologize," he said somberly.

"Ah, Jun, you don't need to apologize. We all have our off days." Nari took another nervous sip from her cup.