☆41☆

Jimin and Taehyung walked down the sidewalk, laughing and teasing each other as was their custom. As he walked, Jimin kept one hand in his pocket, tightly gripped around a small envelope.  His heart was full and he was excited to see the girl of his dreams. 

"Oh, yeah, what did we have to stop and pick up?  I didn't see anything in your hands when you walked out of the building."  Taehyung's laugh had subsided and the two were now walking in amicable silence.

"Just something for Nari," smiled Jimin shyly. He cleared his throat and felt his hands grow clammy as they approached the coffee shop.

"Well, whatever it is, I'm sure she will enjoy it. She seems to be one to appreciate the simple things." Taehyung smiled to himself, proud of himself for making a good observation.

Jimin smiled as well. It was no simple thing he was holding in his pocket. It was a thing that was hard to come by but he had managed to do it. He knew she would be happy with it. She was easily pleased from his experience. He felt kind of bad for not bringing flowers or something to accompany his gift. He chewed the side of his bottom lip as he contemplated how simple and unthoughtful the presentation of his gift would look. He glanced around and saw no place nearby that could help him out.

"Jiminie, its fine. She will love it. Stop second-guessing yourself," hummed his friend, leaning into his shoulder with his own.

Jimin tried to act annoyed and shoved Taehyung off his shoulder. The pair walked closer to the cafe and Taehyung stopped in front of the large picture window in the front. He smiled as his eyes roved the interior of the shop. Jimin walked up beside him just as Taehyung breathed in sharply and quickly whipped around, grabbing Jimin's shoulders.

"You know what, now that I think about it, I think we need to find one for those twenty-four hour florists or something. I mean, where do people get flowers when people die in the middle of the night anyway," he said, laughing nervously, trying to push Jimin away from the window.

Jimin caught on quickly and pushed into Taehyung's hands, forcing his way to the window. He looked inside and his eyes grew wide. He felt his heart sink as low as it could go. An icy feeling swept through his veins. He breathed in sharply and deeply, his eyes beginning to burn. He watched as the girl he had invested so many feelings into, laid her hand on top of the hand of another man and smiled into his eyes.

"Jiminie," whimpered Taehyung, his two fingers pinching the side of Jimin's sleeve and tugging on it. "It's probably not what it looks like," he suggested, trying to deflect the horrible, sinking feeling he knew his friend was probably feeling right now. "I'm sure there's a perfectly good-"

"I'm suddenly really tired," said Jimin softly and quietly. His voice was almost a whisper, as he didn't think he could keep it from cracking if he had spoken any louder. "Let's go home, Taehyung." His hand stayed in his pocket, gripping the envelope even tighter, causing it to crinkle together under the force of his hand.

"Jimin-ah," whispered Taehyung, his own heart hurting for his friend.

Jimin turned away and looked towards Taehyung out of the corner of his eye. "Tae, I'm fine. I just need to get home. Coffee doesn't sound good right now." He ducked his head down and quickly set off down the street leaving a dejected Taehyung behind, trying to figure out what to do.

* * *

"You know what, Jun," said Nari, a small wry smile on her face.  She looked up into his eyes, seeing his gaze quickly moving between her hand and her face.  "Look, I think you're a great person."