☆40☆

Jimin sat in his hotel room, waiting for their rehearsal to begin. Even though the entire crew was jet lagged, rehearsals were a must. He read Nari's messages and he grinned at her awkward, flirtatious ways.

He hadn't lied. He really did want to get to know her. She was pretty and talented. Those hadn't been lies either.  He could tell she was reluctant though.  He wet his lips with the tip of his tongue and dropped his phone into his lap with a heavy sigh.  He ran his hands through his fading pink hair and looked around the empty room.  Taehyung was his roommate this time around, but he was currently somewhere looking for food. 

Jimin slowly rose from his seat, taking his phone over to the bed.  He laid down and stretched out as far as he could.  Rolling onto his stomach he propped his phone up on the pillow.  His finger trailed up to the videos on his phone and he played Nari's piano recital.

He could listen to her play for hours, days even, and never get tired of it. His thoughts wandered as he watched and listened to the small phone play the video. She looked so into her music. So focused. He wondered who taught her and what her motivation was. Who inspired her? He breathed out a sigh and stared at the video, not noticing someone had entered the room.

A heavy weight suddenly dropped onto his back and he grunted as he felt himself flatten into the mattress.

"Oomph! What in the world?!" He craned his neck over his shoulder and saw a giggling Taehyung on his back. "Kim Taehyung, get off me!" He laughed even though he was a little annoyed.

"Why? You look so comfy right now." Taehyung laughed and rolled onto his back, making Jimin grimace.

"Don't make yourself comfortable," he grumbled, pushing up with all his strength and knocking Taehyung off to the side.

Taehyung giggled and sat on the side of Jimin's bed. "I brought you some snacks. Thought you might be a bit hungry." He looked over at Jimin's phone and hummed his approval. "She plays well."

Jimin felt his face flush as he quickly shut off the phone. "What did you bring?"

"Snacks. Can't remember. It's all in that bag," he said, eyes on his friend, hand pointing to the bag on a small table.

Jimin stalked over to the bag and rifled through it, pulling out a small candy bar. "Want to split it with me?" He held it out to Taehyung who silently shook his head, saying no.

"You eat it."

"I don't want the whole thing."

"Why not? It's small." Taehyung kept his concerned gaze on his friend.

"You know why," sighed Jimin.

"Jiminie," said Taehyung softly.

"Never mind, I'm not hungry," smiled Jimin. He dropped the candy bar onto the desk and looked at the clock, clapping his hands together twice. "We should get ready for rehearsal."

Taehyung sighed and looked at the small candy bar. His heart hurt. It hurt him that his friend was so concerned about his body image. His weight was always at the forefront of his mind, despite the fact his body was in perfect condition, if not just a little too thin if Taehyung were to be perfectly honest. He frowned and stood up from his spot, stalking over to the table and grabbed the candy bar. Ripping open the package he broke it into very uneven halves.

Jimin watched him, confused by his actions. He watched his friend's hands ripping the package and yanking the candy bar from its plastic wrapping.

Taehyung kept his dark stare locked on his friend as he raised the larger half and shoved it into Jimin's unsuspecting mouth. "Chew it," he demanded, his voice quiet and low.