Chocolate and Boys

"So what exactly is his name again? Jack? Like as in Cracker Jacks?"

I rolled my eyes. Talon had been pestering me about my date with Jack. He kept making fun of his name and the fact that he was a human. Don't get me wrong, I loved my brother but he could be so annoying. Right now I could slap him.

"What does it matter?" I asked. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was a fiasco, it just wouldn't cooperate with me today. I grabbed a hair tie sitting on the marble counter by the sink and pulled my hair into a somewhat messy ponytail. Not bad.

"You're my baby sister. I want to know if I have to beat him up or not."

"It's not him you have to beat up," I mumbled under my breath, regretting it as soon as it came out of my mouth.

"Do I have to beat someone up," he said pushing himself away from the door frame and uncrossing his arms. His hands were in tight fists at his sides.

"No, Talon," I lied. At least tried to.

"Who is it?" he asked.

"No one."

"Don't lie to me. Who is it?"

"No one you know, okay? Please just let it go." Talon looked furious. His green eyes filled with rage. I needed to calm him down before he did something stupid. "Please, Talon? It's no big deal. It's just some stupid guy."

Finally after what felt like hours Talon relaxed, his fists unclenching. "Fine. But if I find out who it is, I'm going to say something."

"I highly doubt that."

"What? That I won't protect my sister? Human or not, I'll punch him."

I rolled my eyes, it was the only way to keep the tears from spilling out. Little did Talon know that the guy he wanted so badly to beat up was his best friend, Tristan. If I told Talon it was him, I know Talon would beat him up to try to knock some sense into that stupid kid.

"I know," I said.

"Lilly! You have a visitor!" mom sang from downstairs. I smiled at Talon before running down the stairs.

"Hey, Jack," I greeted.

"Hey, Lilly," he replied. He turned to my mom "What time do you want her back?"

"Um. . .midnight is good."

Jack nodded, hair falling into his eyes. "Midnight it is," he said with an easy smile.

Talon cleared his throat. "I'm Talon. Lilly's older brother."

"I know. Your popular with the girls at school."

"He is now?" mom asked shocked. She was faking it.

A blush was creeping up Talon's neck rising to his cheeks and finally to his ears. He looked like a red tomato that was about to burst.

"You kid's have fun now," he said pushing us out the door and locking it.

I laughed. "I think someone's embarrassed."

"I'd say so," Jack said with a laugh showing off his pearly whites. He had such a cute smile. "Shall we?"

I bit my bottom lip and nodded.

"That's not true!" Ally shouted as soon as we left the theater. We all stopped by the ticket booth waiting for Ally to continue walking. "I did not pee my pants in third grade. Josh spilt water on me!"

I laughed. I didn't know Ally for long but I've known her long enough to know that whenever your around her, you can always count on her to make you laugh.