Pawns In The Game

I sat in my desk chair and spun it in circles.  I had nothing else do and I was home alone. Again. Yes, I know it probably wasn't a good idea to be home alone but my mom and dad had some alpha business to take care of and Talon, well he had some personal stuff to take care off.

Talon said he wouldn't be gone for long and I hoped he was right. Before he left he gave me a pocket knife for just in case. It's been almost an hour since he left. I was so bored that I was making stupid noises with my mouth.

A loud ring made me jump out of my seat, almost falling to the floor. I quickly realized that it was my phone. I grabbed it from my nightstand and answered it.

"Hello?" When no one replied I said, "Hello?" Still no one answered. "This isn't funny," I said then hung up.

I started to feel scared thanks to that phone call.

A loud thump from downstairs made me practically faint. I stood still and listened very closely. I took deep breaths to calm myself down. It worked a little bit but not much because there was another loud bang that came from downstairs.

Slowly, I crept down the stairs. I paused at the bottom of the staircase. Pressing myself against the wall as much as I could, I listened intently. I reached into my back pocket to make sure the knife was still there. My fingers came in contact with the metal clasp that was supposed to buckle onto someone's pants.

The living room light was off, making it hard to see whether or not someone was in the living room. Luckily, I had my supernatural eyesight for the night and I didn't see anyone. However the kitchen light was on and I was able to see someone's shadow from where I was standing.

Quietly, I made my way around the couch and into the small hallway that led to the kitchen. I pressed myself against the wall once more and quietly slid across it. As I grew closer to the kitchen, my heart accelerated. I took the knife out from my pocket and opened it. I held the knife face down so that the blade was pointed towards the floor. I've never had to use this before but there's a first time for everything right?

Finally I reached the end of the hallway. I waited five seconds before stepping into the kitchen. I frowned when I found it empty. However the back door was slightly opened. I closed it and locked. I closed the curtain on the window so no perv would look through it.

A chill ran through me and my hair stood up. I wasn't alone. I turned around and gasped when I saw Ryan sitting on one of the bar stools by the island. He smiled at me.

"You're door was unlocked. I tried knocking but there was no answer."

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Just came to visit."

"How do you know where I live?" I asked.

"I asked Riley."

I stared at him with my mouth slightly open. "And he told you where I lived?"

Ryan nodded. He ran a hand through his brown hair. "I hope you don't mind?"

I shook my head in disbelief. Something wasn't right. I doubt that Riley had told him where I lived. He wouldn't do that.

Ryan's smile grew wider. "Good." He had thought my headshake was my ways of answering his question. But the truth is I did mind. I barely knew this kid and he was here in my house. And I was alone. I glanced at the clock on the stove and realized that it was almost 11. Where the hell was Talon?

I walked over to the island and set the knife down on the counter. I sighed. Well since he was here I might as well take pleasure in his company. After all I had no one else to talk to and I was really bored.