Calling The Shots

Tristan guided me up to his bedroom and locked the door behind us. I don't know why but my heart started beating a little faster. I sat down on his bed and looked around.

His room was nice. Not to big but not to small. He didn't have any pictures hanging on the white walls, just a few awards by his desk in the left corner. I watched as Tristan paced back and forth.

"Tristan?"

He continued to pace back and forth. Angrily, he ran his fingers through his hair making it stick up in some places. Call me crazy but I found that a turn on.

"Tristan?" I said a little louder.

He stopped. "What?"

"What's going on?"

Tristan sighed. "Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

He rubbed his chin. "I don't know if I should tell you..."

I got up from the bed. "Either tell me what's going on or I'm leaving. I want to know everything. Including why you rejected me."

Tristan stared at me. "I don't know..."

I started walking towards the door.

"Wait, wait, wait. I'll tell you," Tristan said grabbing my hand. He led me back to the bed and I sat down. He took several steps backwards. I watched as he started pacing again. I sighed.

"Alright then. Here goes nothing..." Tristan stopped and cleared his throat. "Ryan is...my brother. My other half brother and my parents aren't really my parents." He paused for a minute.

I couldn't believe that Ryan was Tristan's brother. They looked nothing alike. But then there was Zane, who was Tristan's half brother. This was all so damn confusing.

Tristan noticed my confused expression and so he started explaining it to me. "You see my father is actually an alpha of a different pack. He was with my real mom before he became Alpha. He got her pregnant then found his true mate. Once he found his mate he became Alpha and left my mother so he could start a family with his true mate. A few weeks later my mom found her mate and they married. She told him what had happened with her and my dad, Damon. He promised that he'd take care of me like I was his own."

I let out a deep breath. So the guys that had been following me around was actually Tristan's father. But I don't understand why he'd follow me around. Tristan barely talked to me let alone looked at me. 

Tristan ran a hand through his hair. "Later, my mom and her mate announced that they were having a kid but Damon knew something wasn't right. He had a suspicion that I was actually his. My mom was so afraid that Damon would do something to me so before I turned a year old she gave me to Mr. and Mrs. Scott. She told them that I wasn't safe and wanted to know if they would take me in. And they did. My mom left, afraid that she would be caught. I don't know exactly where she went. When she returned to her old pack a few years later, she had already had Zane. Everyone believed that I was Zane. Even Damon believed it. Damon started to relax when he realized that I wasn't his but then he noticed how Ryan, his other son wasn't developing the traits of an Alpha by the time he turned 16. That's when Damon realized that Zane wasn't really me but that he was just another kid that my mom had. After that Damon was determined to find me."

Tristan looked down at the floor. He didn't speak for awhile. It was absolutely quiet. You could hear a pen drop from a mile away. 

"What does he want with you?" I asked afraid of the answer.

Tristan sat down next to me on the bed. "He wants to kill me. You see, I'm supposed to become Alpha, not Ryan. And Damon wants Ryan to be Alpha but he can't be since I'm Damon's first born male. If Damon kills me then Ryan will be able to become alpha. He also wants me dead because he doesn't want anyone from his pack to find out about me."