bruise 1

»»

calum picked at his nails as he sat on his creaky bed. being back at his hometown was anything but pleasant. everyday in class it would be the same damn routine. read and write, math, eat, do the science go home. also add in the too obvious eyeballing from luke. 

when he first got there, luke put in everyone's contact in his iphone 4s: michael, ashton and himself. they were a tight-knit group in middle school. but now things are different, he's different. not because he wants to be...but not because he has to be either. he's just a confused little fuck, and he doesn't even know when it began to be like this.

he stared at his lyric journal as he pondered about whether telling his friends what happened. he gazed into his closet which contained two long sleeved black shirts, three pairs of pants and a pair of torn down converse. 

the front door slammed and he began to climb under his bed sheets pretending to be asleep. not even a moment later the door swung open and the lights flashed on. "get up." it was a stern voice etched with venom. "calum thomas hood, get up. i will not repeat myself."

calum felt tears build in his eyes but he blinked them away knowing if he acted like a faggot, his mother would only hurt him even more. "yes, mother." he sat up and walked over to her looking down at his feet. 

"i asked you to clean this house spotless did i not?"

"yes you did, and i fulfilled your wish. i cleaned it as soon as i got home, mama."

"what's this on my damn fucking finger." she spat in his face while holding up her pristine finger. 

"i-i don't see anything?"

"dust you fag. there is dust on my goddamn finger, and i wanna know why when i slid my finger across the counter i found dust."

"maybe you're just making that up, because i assure you i cle-" next thing calum knew he was on the floor and ringing rang throughout his ears. he curled up into a ball as tears ran down his plump cheeks.

"make sure to hide your cheek bruise with makeup before you go to school in the morning." she reached in her pocket and pulled out foundation and powder and threw it down at his shivering body. "if the school calls me about a dreadful bruise, i'll lie to them and make sure you won't step foot into that school again. i have my ways." se quickly exited his room slamming the door.

he got up and glared at the door. he covered up the bruise with the make up, and quickly got dressed and fled out his bedroom window. cal knew his mother wouldn't go into his room after she got her daily punch in. 

+

calum danced sexily on a random guy, and let him hold him by the hips as he possessed a drink in his vacant hand. the other was busy fooling with the guys hair. the man reeked of alcohol and weed, but it's nothing cal hasn't tried before. 

calum has done everything..trying to force the voices of his mother to stop.

fag

worthless shit

every vicious word his mother spewed out was deemed to be forgotten with the alcohol and drugs spiked of ecstasy. a buzz came from his pocket and he reached for it. he pulled it out seeing luke appear on the screen. he huffed and shoved the phone down his pocket. 

luke doesn't want me...look at me, i'm fat, disgusting and rude. and i'm hurting.

+

"you didn't answer my call." luke mentioned to calum as they walked to their class.

cal refused to look in his crystal blue eyes. "i was busy."

"doing what?"

"partying."

"calum, what's gotten into you. you were never like this before."

cal stopped walking and faced luke. "i wasn't fat before either, things can change."

"what? you-re not f-"

"people change, me changing is just one of those people, luke."

"but that's the thing." luke huffed scrunching his eyebrows up. "you're not one of those people. you're calum..my calum, and you wouldn't do this."

"you don't want me. no one does."

"what are you saying?!" luke exasperated. 

calum let out a slow breath and shook his head, "i'm going to class." he pulled down his sleeve making sure a single bruise wouldn't accidentally show. 

»»

Warning, it will get graphic, and the language will be foul. I'm sorry ):