last bruise

»»»»»»» 

it's been years since calum left luke. every time he got a call his heart sped up and he quickly answered it, but calmed down knowing it would never be calum. 

luke took a warm bath making sure to clean every crevice. he washed out his hair for the first time in a while and made his way out of the bath. the blonde smeared the foggy mirror and looked at the hefty beard he grew. 

he never went out

he never watched tv

he never prayed

he never called anyone back

he knew it was his fault that calum left. luke only ate meals once every two days because he was never hungry anymore. the blonde cried himself to sleep every night hoping that calum killing himself was a dream. 

today would have been calum's birthday. 

-

"you're not picking up his call?" ashton furrowed his eyebrows looking down at luke's phone that was vibrating. 

the blonde shook his head still remembering his heated fight with calum a few nights back. "he told me he will find someone who will love him better. and i'm letting him."  he sipped at his soup and shrugged.

"what if he's trying to apologize?" michael commented fearing the worst. his pale green eyes cast down to luke's phone and examined how it said  voicemail from cally. "h-he left a voicemail, luke!"

"michael, chill the fuck out, he's not doing shit. he just wants me to feel sorry for him. he does this all the time." luke rolled his eyes not paying attention to what his best friend was telling him. 

ashton gulped and felt a pang in his gut not feeling comfortable with the whole situation. "let me see your phone." he snatched it before luke could pull it away and answered the voicemail putting the pre-recorded message on speaker. 

"hi, luke. it's me calum. i wanted to call and try and not kill myself, but the knife is too close to me to say no, haha! but since you're not answering your phone you're out fucking some hoe or whatever. i guess hell will be okay, at least i'll never be cold huh? you out of all peeps know i hate the cold weather, lol. anyways before this message gets too long i wanted to tell you thank you for everything. baiii!" 

the message ended and luke turned pale. he snatched the phone out of ashton's hand and his jittery fingers dialed calum's number. he bit his lip and closed his eyes and sighed of relief when his boyfriend picked up. "calum, you scared me i thought you died."

"no....not yet, lol."

"please don't kill yourself." luke's eyes teared up as he let out a sniffle.

"ouh, well i'm bleeding a lot so, by the time an ambulance gets here i'll probably already be dead. haha. oh my god i can't wait to leave."

"calum don't fucking talk like that!" luke screamed louder while tears escaped his eyes. he quickly got up and ran to his car. he got in and zoomed to calum's house. "cal do you hear me."

"yeah, but i'm getting tired and my vision is getting pretty crappy." calum yawned over the phone. 

"do not sleep on me, baby, do not,, please!!!" luke cried out while tears clouded up his vision. 

luke got to calum's house but cal was not responding. luke quickly broke his front door lock and got in. he raced up calum's stairs and opened his bedroom door seeing him bleeding out on his bed unresponsive. 

-

joy was nowhere to be found after calum died. their house was now an empty mess filled with broken promises. luke walked to the park and saw little kids giggling and running around.

"noa, timmy that's my toy!" one boy screamed at his friend. 

"shut it, it's mine, kyle!" timmy  yelled back. 

luke shed a tear the friends reminding him of his and calum's relationship. "i really miss you." luke whispered to the wind. someone sat next to him, he looked and saw ashton.

"he was hurting, luke. you wouldn't have been able to fix him anyway." 

"but i wanted to, ashton." luke frowned not noticing the warm tears cascading down his plush pale cheeks. 

"we all did. he was too hurt. you know he loved you." 

"i love him more than the number of stars in this fucked up galaxy." 

ashton sighed and noticed how luke said, "love" instead of "loved". "he's gone now, you should move on, luke. he would've wanted you to."

"we know that's a lie."

"is it? or are you too hurt to even realize that it's not a lie?" ashton ruffled his blonde hair and walked away. 

luke's phone started to ring. his eyes grew wide as 'cally' appeared on the screen. 

+

HEYY, SO IT'S THE END OF THIS BOOK )): 

QUESTIONS I CAN ANSWER:

How did Calum die? 

He killed himself with a knife and bled out 

Why does Calum laugh every time he is "depressed"?

He is psychotic, and will laugh when he hurts himself

Where is Michael at the end?

Probably playing video games

Who came into the hospital room?

Calum's mother came in on the last chapter

Did Calum really call Luke at the end?

No, Luke was just imagining Calum's call

If you guys have any other lingering questions, I'll answer them (((:

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK FXCK BUDDIES COMING OUT SOON!!! It won't be sad like this one, actually really smutty and who doesn't like smut.