bruise 10

»»»»»

the blonde yawned brightly and remembered that him and cal cuddled last night so he smiled and bit his lip. he sat up in the bed and turned to calum's side and found it empty.

he began to get worried for him. he quickly rushed out the room ignoring the fact that he had no clothes on.

luke searched through the restrooms and even the guest room cal slept in. by this time his whole body was shaking and he was running out of breath.

the blonde rushed down stairs and saw his mom with joy. he looked down at his attire and saw he was half naked. "o-oh um hey..." he waved shakily at joy.

she laughed and smiled at the pale 18 year old male. "aw you're such a clutz, luke."

"w-where's calum?" luke scratched the back of his head, "h-he's not anywhere in here...i'm kind of worried about him."

"why?" joy immediately frowned while clenching her hands in between her thighs.

"because i don't know where he is."

"they're dating again, joy! i forgot to tell you!" liz shouted with excitement.

joy faked a big smile and squealed. "aaa, that's lovely!!! but, luke, calum is home. he's okay."

"thanks, joy." he nodded going back up the stairs. he thought to himself why would calum just leave like that. immediately when he got back he called him and sat on his bed. when he got no response he huffed and made his bed. 

luke went to go brush his teeth and thought about what calum said to him last night..how he can never him. he spit out in the sink and then rinsed his face, and looked in the mirror. "i can save you, calum...i will save you."

+

"do you have the new galaxa tranva update? you can update your ranger with new gear!" michael shouted to ashton and luke. ashton nodded and began to show michael his ranger, "sick!"

"i know right!" ashton looked at luke, "luke did you-"

"do you think i could save calum?" luke questioned while furrowing his eyebrows. michael and ashton just looked at him saying nothing. "cause last night he said i couldn't."

"luke, i don't know, if you're going to talk about him 24/7 just go to him." ashton rolled his eyes tired of luke constantly talking about calum. michael agreed while shaking his head at luke. 

"i'm thinking of dying my hair green." michael announced while playing in his hair. 

"i think it would look awesome." ashton smiled. luke began to stand up and walk to the door causing ashton and michael to look at him. "dude where you going?"

luke bit his bottom lip and shrugged, "i'm going to check up on calum." he left before they had the chance to say anything. 

  » 

calum looked in the mirror and tears cascaded down his plush cheeks, and snot ran out of his nose. his torso was frail and all bruised up, and so were his cheeks and thighs. once his mother found out about him staying over at luke's house she texted him during the night, and told him to come home. 

when he got home, she never stopped hitting him, and kicking him and cutting him and spitting cruel words at him. he ignored the calls luke made to him. 

he took a long bath and added a bath bomb that luke bought him while staying over at his house. calum lifted his arm out of the colorful water and looked at his scratches and wounds. his phone rang on the sink and he ignored it resting his head against the tub wall. 

after 30 minutes he went into his room and put on long loose pants and a hoodie. his mother said that she would be out all day so he went into the kitchen and made himself a sandwich. when she is home he can never make himself food. 

the doorbell rang and he sighed knowing it would just be bitches trying to sell shit for a high price. he brought his sandwich with him as he opened the door with a cocked eyebrow. 

"hey, calum." luke smiled warmly at him. "how are you?"

calum cursed under his breath as he looked down quickly so luke wouldn't see his black eye. "hey...i'm fine, you?" he made sure his sleeves covered his arms fully showing no cuts or bruises. 

luke put a hand under his chin and lifted his face. "what happened to your eye?" 

calum looked into luke's crystal eyes and pouted. "when i left your house last night it was pitch black and i fell on something...i had to leave. but, luke?"

the blonde sighed and had to believe calum's story, while crossing his arms and waiting for calum to say what he wanted.

cal bit his bottom lip, "i missed you. i was cold when i left."

luke scoffed and looked down blushing, "how did you get home?"

"i walked...my mama told me to come back home." 

"but wasn't she the one who kicked you out?" luke raised an eyebrow.

"yeh but it's whatever." the atmosphere grew awkward as they just stood there looking around. "so..are you going to leave?"

luke furrowed his eyebrows and shrugged putting his hands in his pockets. "i-i wanted to hang out with you actually."

cal shook his head while pursing his lips. "i'm okay, you're okay."

luke licked his lips and went closer to him resting his forehead against calum's, his broad hands moved to calum's waist noticing calum wince. "baby, what is it? did you cut again?" he moved up calum's hoodie and saw bruises. "fuck...how did this happen?"

calum looked down and saw luke's thumb running against the giant purple bruises. he bit his lip as tears filled his eyes. "lukey..."

"who did this to you? i swear i'll fucking kill them, calum. i'll kill them." luke's eyes turned dark and he clenched his teeth, "no one touches you without my permission!" 

"p-please don't say, sh-she'll hurt me even more." calum wept as he hugged luke's torso tight crying in his chest. 

"who the hell hurt you?"

"my mom." calum whispered and the door busted open revealing joy with glared eyes. 

"get. the. fuck. out. my. house!!!" joy yelled to luke pulling him off of calum and throwing him against the wall. "if a word gets out about this i swear i'll-"

luke punched joy causing her to fall on the ground, his adrenaline was getting a hold on him as he took calum and ran to his car and began to drive. 

"where are we going?" calum spoke softly. 

"far away from that bitch."