bruise 3

»»»»

calum sat down dangling his legs over the ledge. he closed his eyes letting the breeze run past his tan face. he always came to this rocky mountain to clear his mind. a sly smile crept on his face as he thought about the way luke let him kiss him as they sat here years ago. 

he thought about how everything was different now. he doesn't get treats after school, he now gets beatings. he doesn't see his papa's face either, he sees only his cruel mothers. tears escaped from his big chocolate eyes as he thought about the happy times that were no longer. 

everything used to be so perfect but now he can't go without a puff of a cigarette or a bitter substance to calm the evil cunning thoughts. he wished he could have luke, but he knew he wasn't good for luke. he never will be. he never was.

"calum." he heard a stern but soft voice speak behind him. he turned around and scrunched up his eyebrows. "why are you crying?" he made slow steps to him and sat close to him staring into his eyes. he rose a hand to his cheek and wiped away a tear. 

calum bit his bottom lip and moved away from luke's touch. "luke?"

"what is it?" luke furrowed his eyebrows worried about him. "is there something i should know?"

calum gulped and shook his head. "it's just...isn't there a dance today? you should go enjoy yourself instead of being..here."

"but i wanna be here." luke shrugged while showing a slight sad smile. 

calum blushed and looked down at his dangling legs. "why?" he forced his blush to be non-existent. "i'm pretty sure you have so many people begging to be your date."

"look at me, calum. no one wants to date a nerd with only two friends. and is obsessed with dragon ball z, eh?"

cal raised his eyebrows. "so if you had friends...you wouldn't be here." he then looked down at his tangled fingers.

"hey look at me." luke mumbled. "i missed you, and i still miss you because it's like you're not here. remember we were the closest little buds? and then we started dating." luke bit his lip smiling once he said dating. "you were the best boyfriend i could ever ask for. and now you're back!" 

"stop saying shitty lies. i don't like you anymore, and truthfully i never did! i just did it to get attention for liking someone from the same gender..for being gay!" calum stood up and started to walk away passing luke's car. 

luke huffed and stood up running after him. "so you're telling me you didn't like me??!!"

"yes! i never liked you! why would anyone like you! you said it yourself, luke. you're a geek, and nobody likes you!"

"well you know what, these days since you came back, no one has liked you either, you're just a waste of space! and you've been acting like a sad little kid who didn't get what they wanted. i'm done trying to be friends with you, calum! d. o. n. e. done!" luke screeched walking back to his car driving away with speed. 

as he drove the fight replayed in his mind, and he suddenly got sick to his stomach remembering what he said to calum...his calum. he huffed as he sat in a pool of guilt.

+

calum smiled as tears escaped from his eyes feeling his legs burn as he drowned them under the boiling hot water. his cuts were deep as he rested his head against the tub, relaxing in his own blood. 

his fingers danced along the cuts on his thighs releasing more blood into the already tainted bath water. 

he heard a large knock at the bathroom door and he rolled his eyes. "yes?"