bruise 6+

*EXTRA CHAPTERS MAY NOT BE EDITED

»»»»»

the ravenette strummed his ukulele softly as he sat on his creaky bed that he has had for over ten years now. he sang softly to the melody and did not comprehend the sound of his mother coming into his room. she knocked his ukulele on the ground hard that one of the tuners broke off. he gasped and tried to pick it up but she slapped his hand. "where were you yesterday? i had a very important meeting yesterday, and i told you to make dinner for me!"

"what's the point i never eat it anyway." calum muttered defending himself. she pushed him off the bed and onto the floor. she began to hit him roughly, then she drug her long nail down his arms and stomach.

"don't you talk to me like that you little shit! i can't wait until you're eighteen so you won't be my responsibility anymore. and by the way you sound like shit, your friend, lukey thinks so too. he's told me before." with that she exited his room.

calum wiped away his snot with a random shirt and looked down at his ukulele that had a broken string and tuner. he began to cry loudly and move into a corner, to curl into a tight ball.

+

calum sniffled as he entered the coffee shop. he made sure to cover all the marks he bestowed. "yes, i'd like a dark roasted coffee with 3 sugars and creams each please." calum began to get out his money, and handed it to the woman who gave him a sweet smile. her name tag read off marlene. he raised his eyebrows as she bit her lip tugging at the cash register.

she had short curly red hair and deep dimples, and red plump lips. "dang chuck it, this cash register will be the death of me." dang chuck it? calum thought to himself when she finally got it open. marlene tried handing him the change, but he told her to keep it. "thanks." she smiled making his coffee and handing it to him.

he made his way out of the coffee shop and to school.

»  

calum entered the library to his school to check out some books for his history paper he had to do. he made his way down the history books and saw someone familiar. "l-luke?" he furrowed his eyebrows. luke stopped kissing the male and turned to calum while biting his lip. "s-should i-i have seen that?" he nervously scratched his arm but winced feeling a sharp pain.

"calum, this is ray...we're both in the videogame club." the blonde awkwardly moved away from ray. ray smiled at calum and nodded at him.

"i'm assuming you know me, ray..?"

"nooo, luke's never told me about you. i'm pretty sure you guys are friends though right?"

calum nodded while gulping. he began to look for history books while trying to ignore the pang he felt. they left together and calum finished getting the books he needed.

+

michael and ashton looked at luke's boyfriend while they were at dinner. ray looked over the menu oblivious to luke's best friends hard stare. "everything looks so good."

"get whatever you want, babe. it's on me." luke smiled while kissing his cheek.

ashton and michael looked at each other with confused expressions. "but you were the one who was head over heels about calum not even three days ago." ashton commented.

ray hummed and looked at all of them. "you like calum, luke? y-you never said-"

"no! i do not! pftt." luke scoffed brushing ashton's remark off.

"you're not going to get over him like this, trust me." ash sassed while rolling his eyes and giving the waitress his menu.

"are you using me to get over that boy we saw in the library?"

"no, no, ray. i thought i still liked him, but i was just blinded by my first love chills!"

michael coughed and shook his head. "liar."

"bitch." luke glared at him. "calum's nothing but a friend to me."

"so if i went out with calum..you wouldn't care?" ashton cocked an eyebrow while folding his arms.

luke huffed getting agitated by his friends' behavior. "can we not do this here?" he picked up a slice of bread that was in the basket, and began to butter it.

"i honestly never realized how curvy he actually is." ashton whispered to luke.

the blonde threw the piece of bread he was buttering up and glared at ashton with hot red cheeks. "don't say things like that about him."

"you're so stupid, luke." michael sneered hating how his friend would stoop so low, and date someone to get rid of his feelings for calum. "just deal with your feelings like a man."

"what feelings?" luke huffed buttering up more bread.

ray looked at everyone with confusion written on his face. "how does the guava steak taste like?"

_