Chapter 4

The boys were bombarding me with questions like 'who did this' and 'what happened'. I couldn't come up with a reasonable lie so I stayed silent.

"Kaylia who did this to you?" Billy asked.

"I am just really clumsy" I said  though it came out more as a question than a statement.

"That is a lie so who did this to you?" I was trying to come up with an excuse but I didn't realize my mouth had said 

"My boyfriend".

"Is he in this school? Why would he do this?"Spencer asked. I was surprised he spoke because he never did even in his introductions to classes. Simon caught on because he asked,

"That guy who picked you up yesterday did he do this?" I meekly nodded. I don't know why I am telling this to them but I am and I am glad there is a person I can share it with. "Where are your parents?" Aiden asked.

"In another state." I said.

 I turned my eyes to the floor not wanting to meet their gazes. The bell rang and I was out of the bathroom in a matter of seconds heading social studies class.

 For the rest of the day I tried to avoid the boys.The rest of the day was a blur and then the bell rang.While I was waiting for Carter it was getting late. I guess he forgot me again I thought. I was walking down the sidewalk when a car with the guys pulled up beside me.

 " Do you want a ride Kaylia?"

I hesitated for a second but then got in the car. I was seated beside Billy and Spencer while Aiden was driving and Simon rode shotgun. The ride consisted of me giving directions to my house. They didn't ask questions about the bruise which I was thankful for. Within 20 minutes we were at my house. I quietly got out throwing a thanks over my shoulder. I could feel their eyes on me until I reached the door then they drove off. I entered the house to be met with darkness. I flipped the light switch and closed the door.

 I went to my room and did my homework. After I was finished I headed to the basement to do the laundry. I started doing Carter's clothing when I saw one of his shirts had a lipstick stain. In his pocket a girl named Jessica's number was on a card. Tears pooled in my eyes and spilled over. I threw his shirt on the ground and let out a scream of frustration. I sank to the ground with only one thing on my mind.        

'What did I do to deserve this'