Chapter 22

Billy's POV

"Hi, my name is Dr. Gordon. I have some valuable news for you" the doctor said as he entered the room. Kaylia had finally awoken from her slumber and was catching up with the boys. She is also getting along with my mom. They're acting like long lost best friends when they only met two hours ago. The doctor came into the room interrupting our laughter and bringing us worry. He took a long while to continue which really pissed me off but he eventually got the message and finally continued.

"There is good news and bad news. The good news is that her ribs will eventually heal so that is a good sign. The bad news is that you received many fractures in pelvic area. It seems like you were repeatedly kicked in your abdomen. You were in very bad shape especially your uterus" the doctor was interrupted by Kaylia.

"What are you trying to say" she spoke stiffly.

"We had to operate and it is sad to say that your uterus was so badly damaged that we couldn't repair it without putting you at risk" the doctor finished.
He didn't mention it but I am sure everyone understood what he was gonna say. Only a fool wouldn't but the problem was how did Kaylia take it.

We were all staring at her expectantly, waiting for her reaction, but there wasn't any. Her face held a blank look and I felt sorry for her.

"I think we should leave them be" Mom said. Mom and the boys stood up and left leaving me with her. I stood from my seat and waited beside her.

"Are you ok" I asked softly and then was the first time I saw her so vulnerable. Her eyes filled with tears as she flung herself at me. I staggered back a bit but quickly regained my balance. I sat down on the hospital bed with her curled up on my lap sobbing.

It was silent between us for awhile. The only noise was her occasional sniffles.

"Why do bad things always happen to me. I haven't done anything at all wrong" she cried into my shoulder.

"Something bad can happen to anybody whether bad or good. Trust me I know it sucks but you can get pass this I promise" I whispered encouragingly.

"I hate him, I hate him so much. He did this to me Billy" she cried.
"I know I hate him too but right now all we can do is watch him rot in hell" I stroked her hair softly.

"Promise me you won't turn out like him Billy" she leaned back and stared into my eyes.

"Promise me please" she whispered.

"I'd rather burn in hell than to ever hurt you" I promised and I knew for sure I would keep it.

She smiled at me and wrapped her arms around my waist leaning into my touch. I wrapped her up against me tightly.

I promise that I will never hurt you, love.

------------------------------------------------------
You guys must hate me because I took so long on updating. I am so sorry for that. Personal issues happened which I can't share with you sadly but I promise you I will be updating more frequently.

Now, onto the chapter. Kaylia can't have children because of Carter.

How do you feel about that?
Comment on your feelings towards this book.

There was also a little romance between Billy and Kaylia?
Comment on a ship name as well.
I know you may be thinking if it will end soon?

I can say that it is almost to an end. That's a bummer.

BUT........

I was thinking of making a sequel. What do you think about that?
Like and comment if you agree.

I promise tomorrow there will be a longer chapter than this one.

Bye😘