New Girl at a New School:Meeting Keith

Carly had already gotten her class schedule and locker combination when the first bell rang. She walked to her locker just to see if the combination worked like the office lady, Ms. Sherbert advised. It worked and she smiled. "So far, so good." she said to herself. She suddenly felt like someone was watching her and she slowly turned around, shutting her locker. She saw a guy, about six foot tall, very muscular but in a slim way leaning against the wall. As she looked harder she saw he was smirking at her, but she saw the dimples too that went along with dark brown, messy but perfect hair coming down to the middle of his forehead. She started to walk over to him which gave her the chance to see his bright blue eyes and his slightly natural tan complexion. She also observed the tattoo of a red heart with a black sword vertically through it on his forearm. She stopped about half a foot from him. "Is there a reason you are staring at me?" She asked teasingly sweet.

"Youre gorgeous. Every guy in this school is staring at you. But that is not my ONLY reason."

"Then what is your other reason?" Carly asked, truly curious now.

"You are Carly. You moved into the house five houses from mine. Where are you from?"

"California." Carly answered slowly.

"And you moved here because?" Keith asked, smirking.

"Long sory. Personal reasons." She cleared her throat as the memories started to form. She blinked so tears wouldnt come and flipped her hair behind her shoulder.

As Keith talked to Carly, he couldnt help but see all the emotion floating in her beautiful, deep brown eyes. He saw happiness which covered up a fearful story. He took the chance of her looking around him to check her out. She had "dirty" blonde hair to match her eyes, a slim, curvy figure and she only came to his shoulder. "So, do you need a hall buddy?" He asked, trying to get her attention.

"A what?" A hall buddy?" She started to giggle and then she laughed so hard, her face was turning red. "Sure... but who?" She  calmed down enough to ask. "You? Wait..." She suddenly looked shocked. "You're Keith."

"How do you know that?" He asked smirking.

"Your family came up to our house the other day. They said they had another son, but you were at work." Carly responded.

"Yeah... I'm Keith. NIce to meet you Carly. My mom told me a little about you. She was right. Come on or we will be late. What is your first class?"

"Free Music?" She answered. Keith looked at her and smiled. "Me too. You will love this class. Can you play anything?"

"The keyboard a little, the guitar but only certain songs so far, and I can sing. Or at least people told me I can." They chuckled at that. 

"I'm sure you're great. You know... for a California barbie doll."

"Hey! I am not a barbie." She said, trying to seem really offended. Keith just smirked. He let her walk in the classroom first and she smiled. She saw many instruments and other items around the room. Chairs were all over the place.

"This class doesnt really have a serious teacher. He just sits there and gives us an A if we dont start drama and if we play music. We can play anything, he dont care about the material, just our talent improving. So let us see how well you sing." Keith grabbed a microphone and she took it from him. Their fingers touched and tingles ran up her arm. She gasped but covered it up by clearing her throat. Keith shook his head as if to get rid of something from his mind then grabbed an acoustic guitar. More students were filling the room, grabbing their own preferred instrument. He started to play a familiar tune and the piano came in softly. It was the tune to "Everybody's Got Somebody But Me" by Hunter Hayes. She smiled and listened for the right time to join in. She started singing the course and had fun with it. She glanced at Keith as they finished off the song and he was already looking at her. "Wow. Carly... you are good."

"Oh. Thanks." She said shyly. The class murmurred an agreement. For the rest of the class, Carly sang whatever song they played. By the end of class, she knew everyone's name and they were all complimenting her. One girl, Susie even asked to have lunch with her. Carly accepted and Keith started walking with her to her next class. Keith felt a connection since meeting her, but he could tell she didnt. So instead of showing it, he was going to be her friend. He swore to himself he wouldnt fall for her and she wouldnt get to him. "Thank you for walking me to class. Are you joining for me lunch too?" She asked. He smiled at her. She was sweet.

"I dont know. We will see. Catch you later." He answered and turned, walking away to his class. He didnt look back. She was very confused. He went from being friendly to being mysterious.