New Life

Carly spent the morning of the funeral trying not to cry while getting dressed. She wore black lace tights, black stilletos matching her solid black, leather dress that reached just above her knees. She was ready in an hour with her hair blowdried and pulled into a simple, yet elegant side ponytail and a black hair pin. Keith waited for her at the door, he looked up as she came downstairs. He sent her a real smile, and she smiled back slightly. Keith knew it would take a while or something  very dramatic to make her really smile until she started to move on from Samantha's death. Carly and Samantha were very close and Keith had admired their relationship even though he and his mom were just as close. He stuck out his arm for her to loops hers through and she did just that. "You look beautiful, Carly." Keith said.

"Thank you. You look very handsome yourself, Keith." He just shrugged and sent her a modest smile. She knew he would always be there for her, and she couldnt believe she was close to kicking him out of her life the other day at the hospital. "I love you, Keith."

"I know. I love you too, Carls." He said honestly, but he gave her a questioning look as to why she said it.

"I just wanted to remember that. I'm sorry for... screaming at you. I just wanted someone to blame. It's no one's fault though." She said. They had stopped walking at the end of the sidewalk in front of the car. He turned her to face him and held her tightly. She fit perfectly against him, her head on his chest and around his waist.

"Baby, trust me, I understand. I have no hard feelings. I didn't even then, okay? I would not walk out on you when you need me the most. I'm here for good."

"So, no matter what... you'll stay? Won't get tired of me or my drama?"

"Of course not, as long as you never get tired of me or my drama either." He said.

"I won't." She promised. She stood on her toes and he met her lips with his. Finally, he felt her smile against his kiss and smiled back, pulling away slowly.

"Come on." He said. She nodded, the smile suddenly disappearing. She sat in the passenger side silently as they rode to her mother's funeral.

~~Hour later~~

Finally, every guest was seated and the room was full. The pastor stood up and announced Carly would give a speech. Carly slowly went to the podium and unfolded her prepared speech. She shook her head at it, tears already threatening to spill out. She balled up the paper and held tightly in her hand, silently willing the tears to go away for now. "My mom, Samantha Rock, she was a lover and a fighter. She believed in good and she was always there for me." Carly's voice shook slightly as she talked. The tears quickly came back, but she fought through them to continue the speech. "I love her as my mom the most but I also love her as a best friend. She was there for me through... everything. She taught me everything. She helped me become who I am today. I've always wanted to have her strength and care and joy. She would give up doing for herself to do something for me in a blink of an eye. She taught me that I deserved nothing less than to be treated as a queen. Well, I guess it is good thing of her approving of my boyfriend, Keith." She let out a short laugh, hearing random, light laughs through the room. "I will always miss her. Though now, I have two angels looking after me... my mom, Samantha and little B." Carly looked at Keith and he smiled at her with gathering tears in his eyes. She saw Cindy tear up even more, tears now running down her cheeks. She sent a small smile to both of them. "Thank you all for coming. She cared about everyone she met here even in this short amount of time." Carly nodded, smiling to the crowd through her tears and came down to sit beside Keith. He put his hand on her knee to comfort her and handed her a tissue. Cindy sat on the other side of her and put her arm around her shoulders. This time, Cindy and Keith had said they wouldn't make a speech because they felt the same as she did. They all had two angels watching over them. They went to grave sight and Keith and Cindy remained on each side of her holding her hands. They all three placed roses on her casket and then they placed it in the ground. After the service was over, Keith and Cindy said goodbye to the guests, Carly did too but her eyes were glued to ground where her mother was being buried. She stood watching them put dirt down on top the casket where her mother laid. Carly felt a tap on the shoulder and turned around. "Susie. Thank you for coming. It means so much." Carly said. Her tears had subsided and she hugged her friend. Susie hugged back tightly.

"You're definitely welcome, Carly. Call me if you ever need anything. I want to take you out soon, okay? Just hang out and treat ourselves."

"Okay. That will be fun. I'll call you soon." Susie nodded, waving goodbye. Carly waved back. Keith watched as they said goodbye and then walked over to Carly.

"Hey, how you feel?" He smiled at her, holding her hands, facing her. She slightly smiled at him and shook her head.

"I just want to sleep. I feel drained." She said. His face changed into worry. She smirked at that. "I'm fine. I just... want to sleep." She explained.

"Okay. Then let's go home. You have to eat though... eventually." He said, cupping her cheek firmly but softly. He glazed his thumb along her lips and she closed her eyes. She inhaled sharply at the feel of sparks as his lips glazed hers. "Let's go home." He whispered in her ear. She nodded.

"I guess my home is with y'all now?" She half-asked. Keith's face dropped a little but he tucked her under his arm, walking to the car. He kissed her softly before she got into the passenger seat and he saw a small smile on her lips. He missed her real smile but he was willing to be patient to see it again. She asked to stop by her house and grab some more clothes. Carly aslo grabbed a picture of her mom and her teddy bear her mom had given her when she was eleven for her birthday. They finally got to Keith's house and Keith led her to his room, telling his mom they were taking a nap. Carly changed in the bathroom quickly, slipping on sweatpants, Keith's shirt again, and taking her hair down. She walked out the bathroom and Keith just stared at her. "What?" She asked, shyly.

"Just come here." He patted the empty space beside him in his bed and she gladly joined him. She cuddled up to him and he held her close. A few minutes later, he knew she was asleep and finally fell asleep himself.