Becoming Best Friends

After an hour of the adults cooking and setting up things, more neighbors showed up. Carly dried off and slipped on her shirt and shorts again not wanting to meet people in just a bikini. Though, Keith left his shirt off while introducing her. "This is the Carson family: Rick, Jenna, and little Ryan." She shook their hands and greeted them then Keith pulled her to another family. "This is the Grey family. Jason, Emma, and their daughter Jemma. She is five and she loves me." Jemma hugged Keith's legs as to prove to his point. "I love you too Jemma." Carly smiled at them and greeted Jason and Emma.

"That was adorable. You even charm the little girls." She teased as they walked toward another family near the patio.

"So, you admit I am charming." He teased back. She stuck out her tongue at him and they chuckled. "Carly, these people are favorite neighbors. This is the Rockhill family: Mike, Tessa, and their twins Missie and Mollie."

"Nice to meet y'all. How old are they?" Carly asked, admiring the sleeping babies in the parents arms.

"They are only five months." Tessa answered sweetly. "Want to hold Mollie?" Carly started to decline but Keith nudged her to say 'go ahead'.

"Okay." Carly carefully took the baby and slowly rocked side to side.She talked softly to Mollie and rubbed her cheek gently. Mollie started smiling a little. "She is adorable. So is Missie." Carly complimented as she handed Mollie back to Tessa.

"Thank you. NIce to meet you, Carly." Mike said. Mike and Tessa made their way toward Samantha and the rest of the adults. Carly passed her mom a supportive smile and recieved one in return.

"So the Rockhill family had a two year old, but he passed away a year ago. They didn't let that defeat them though, she got pregnant again, and they didnt know it was twins until she delivered. They had my parents help them set up another nursery and my mom helped Tessa buy the second pair of everything the first twin had." Keith had a sudden tone that sounded like admiration.

"Thats really bittersweet." Carly said, softly. She grabbed Keith's hand, squeezing it in her own. He squeezed back lightly, grateful for the sincerety. "Want to get back in the pool after eating?"

"Sure. I want to show you something. Come on, it's in my room." He held her hand as he led through the house, giving her a short tour. When they finally entered his room, she smiled. It fit him. The walls were gray and he also had round windows and a walk in closet. His bed was made with white and black pillows and a bright blue comforter, seemingly the only real color in the whole room. He let her hand ago, and her hand instantly missed his warmth. She walked around, looking at his CD collection which was mostly alternative and rock. He also had posters of some bands like Imagine Dragons, Paramore, and The Sirens. She listened to all of them and smiled at the thought of them having common interests. "What are you looking at?" His voice came from right behind her. She almost screamed but held it in. He smirked at her expression, which she just sent him back a glare.

"Your posters. We listen to the same bands." She said, smiling shyly. He raised his eyebrows at this then smiled.

"That's cool. At least your taste in music is better than your dancing skills." He teased her. She slapped his arm trying to seem offended. He chuckled. "This is my lucky bracelet. I dont wear bracelets because they get on my nerves. But, you being my new besty and everything, I thought maybe you would wear it for me. It says, "Two Souls Become One". Will you wear it?" Keith finished.

"I am your new best friend? Why?" Carly asked, grinning.

"Because, you are really awesome. I've had never had this much fun with someone in my life." Keith answered, honesty seeping from his voice.

"The, yes. I will wear it. That was really sweet by the way." She said. Keith's cheeks seemed to turn a light red but he grinned at her while tying the bracelet around her wrist. "You're my best friend too."

"Why?" He asked, mocking her question. She smiled at that.

"Because, you're super sweet and you were the first one to speak to me. You're really awesome too and I haven't had this much fun in a very long time..." She trailed off. He nodded, smiling.

"Thanks, Carls. Let's go eat, huh?" He offered his hand. She nodded, smiling wide and took his hand. Her fingers seemed to fit around his perfectly. He noticed and held her hand a little tighter than the first time liking the feel of her skin on his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AUTHORS INPUT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 This part was slightly shorter but anyway I hope you all are enjoying it so far:) Thank you for the reads and please vote or comment! IF you have any suggestions for this or a new story, please inbox me! <3 thank you beautifuls and handsomes:)