Graduating Soon

"KEITH! PUT ME DOWN NOW!" Carly screamed, but she was laughing and actually liked how he had her slung over his shoulder, his hands holding her by her thighs.

"Okay... but you asked for it." He dropped her. Into the pool. She screamed until she hit the water then quickly held her breathe before going under. They had opened and cleaned the pool all week, each day after school together. This was the first day they got in and it was over ninety degrees. Carly had bought a new bikini, which was strapless, striped and colored as a rainbow. Keith had tried to find trunks to match but just ended up buying neon orange trunks which fit him just right. Carly came back up and laughed as Keith jumped in beside her. He grabbed her waist before he came up, startling her a little. He came up smiling and immediately kissed her. She smiled against his lips and pressed her body against his. "I love it when you kiss back like there's nothing you'd rather do."

"There is nothing I'd rather do." She confirmed smirking. He just smiled back and kissed her once more before dunking her. She swam through his legs and pulled him down underwater. They made silly face at each other until Carly had to surface for air. They laughed and he held her from behind, keeping them both afloat. "Graduation is coming up." Carly said. "We are going to separate colleges..." She said, trailing off. She didn't mean to ruin the fun but the thought of not being with him everyday when she was so use to it killed her inside.

"I know." He said simply. He kissed the back of her neck and across her shoulder, down her back and back up again. Carly sighed, smiling to herself while closing her eyes. He turned her around and they swam to the shallow end silently. He sat on the steps, still in the water, she sat on his lap. She laid her forehead against his and groaned out loud.

"I've gotten too use to being with you... I don't think I could bear only seeing your face on skype or your name on my phone."

"You'll see me on breaks too, baby." She narrowed her eyes at him. If it hadn't been a serious moment, he would've chuckled. "Though you are right. But, we have the whole summer together to get ready for it. We can get through it." He told her. He carressed her face in his hands, staring into her eyes. He smiled at her and his heart skipped a beat as she smiled back. He brushed his lips across hers and smirked when she went to move closer. "I will only kiss you if you believe me and say we will get through the college stuff." He said.

"Fine. Ibelieveyouandwecangetthroughthecollegestuff." She mumbled quickly.

"I didn't hear that... what did you say? You have to believe it yourself too." He said.

"I believe that we can get through this." She said, staring into his eyes. In this moment, with him smiling at her like he was, she did start to believe it. He smirked and kissed her. She pulled back giggling and splashed him with water before swimming away. He laughed and yelled at her.

"Hey!"

"What?" She yelled back, smiling.

"I love you Carly Shae Rock."

"I love you too, Keith Landon Ciznek!" He swam toward her and pulled her against him. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders. He kept one hand on her back, but held the back of her neck with the other. He kissed her, letting all of him go, his desire for her, his need for her, his care for her, and his deepening love for her. She kissed him back with all of the intensity he was giving her. She knew she wanted him for the rest of her life. Everytime her looked at her like he wanted every part of her, she melted and she knew no one could ever compare to this feeling she felt for him.

"Carly, I have to stop." He said, pulling away just inches from her face but still holding her tightly. She blushed as she realized what he meant. "I love it when you blush. Gosh, you're beautiful. How did I get so lucky?"

"We are both lucky." She answered. "Thank you, handsome." She kissed him quickly and smiled at him. He smiled back.

"Oh. I have something for you. Come on, let's get dried off and go in." She gave him a curious look but just nodded and followed him inside the house after drying off. He waited for her to change and then he changed too. They both wore black sweatpants and one of his shirts. They chuckled at this and then hugged her against him. She hugged back, loving the warmth of his body against hers. He pulled away a little and reached into his sweatpants pocket. He pulled out a small box and held it out to her.

"Keith... we haven't even graduated..."

"Shut up. It's not what you think." He teased her, kissing her forehead. He opened it and it was a small blue heart diamond on a silver ring.

"Oh gosh, it's beautiful." She gasped. She looked at him lovingly and gave him a confused look.

"This is my promise ring to you. That while we are apart from each other, at college or whenever really, that I am all yours. Only yours. I wouldn't want anyone else. You're my everything, Carly. Forever." He slipped the ring onto her ring finger and looked at it for a moment before looking at her face. She stood there in awe of what he just said. She stared at the ring which seemed to fit perfectly on her small hand. She looked at him and smiled. She leaped on him and wrapped her legs around his waist.She cupped his face in her hands and kissed him, smiling against his lips. He kissed back eagerly and laid her softly on his bed. He held up his weight with one arm and used the other hand to grip Carly's waist. She ran her fingers through his hair and down his back. They pulled away after a few seconds, breathing unevenly and smiling.

"I promise I am only yours too, Keith. Forever. You're my everything and more." Carly said. Keith kissed her gently one more time and brushed his nose against hers. She giggled. "Let's go dancing tonight."

"Are you asking me out on a date, Carly Shae?" He loved using her nickname ever since she told it to him a week before.

"Yes sir, I am!" She laughed with him softly.

"I accept." He smiled. They parted ways to get ready and they each had butterflies in their stomachs.