Another Battle

After a month of slow progress, Carly had began to really smile again, be happy herself, and completely moved into the guest bedroom in the Ciznek's house. Cindy had let her decorate the room the way she wanted. Her bed was in the center of the far wall with a mahogony bedside table with her large pink lamp on it. She had a white comforter and pink pillows and blankets on her bed. She hung up a full body mirror on the bedroom side of the bathroom door. She had a small walk-in closet and a dresser for all of her clothes and shoes. She woke up on Monday morning and stretched. Just as she slipped out of her covers, Keith came in her room, practically sleep walking.

"Back to school day." He said, his voice husky. He was shirtless with bed hair and half-closed eyes but to Carly, he still looked great. She also had bed hair and rushed to the bathroom for her brush, before she could get there, he grabbed her around the waist and tugged her against him. She turned to face him with her hands on her hips.

"Not fair." She pouted playfully.

"No, what isn't fair is I really want to kiss you because of how cute you are right now, but we both have morning breathe." He pouted back. She smiled, stood on her toes and turned her cheek to him. He chuckled, yet he couldn't resist giving her a soft peck on her cheek. She smiled and hugged him.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, baby." He said back. "Get a shower. You have an hour to be ready or you will be walking."

"Yeah, yeah. Like you could leave this behind." She said as she swayed her hips dramatically walking to the bathroom." Keith just watched her, laughing before he walked away shaking his head. She smiled to herself and then focused on getting ready. She slipped on a long-sleeve hot pink shirt with a panda on it, light blue skinny jeans, and hot pink flats. She straightened her hair and brushed it for volume. Keith knocked on her door as she walked out of the bathroom. "Come in." She said. He came in smiling and the smell of biscuits swarmed the air. "You are baking?"

"Nah. My mom is." He smirked. She grabbed her purse and walked out the room, holding Keith's hand. They walked into the kitchen, and busted out laughing as Cindy danced around the kitchen with a pink fluffy apron on. They ate their biscuits quickly and Cindy kissed them both on the cheek goodbye. They didn't say much on the way to school, but it was still comfortable and they held hands. They walked in together and Carly led him to her locker. He waited as she got her books and then they went to his locker. They walked into first block, Data Analysis, and everyone they knew waved. Carly saw Susie in the back with two open seats so Carly pulled Keith along. Keith, Carly, and Susie had lunch together and also last block, which was Art 2. "So, want to go shopping?" Keith offered.

"Sure... why though?" Carly asked. "Something different to do. We dont have to actually buy anything, we can window shop."

"Okay, sounds great!" Carly smiled. Keith chuckled and hugged her, kissing the top of her head before they drove to the mall. They walked in holding hands and he smiled as her face kept lighting up at all of the clothing stores. "Look at that!" She said for about the twentieth time. Keith started laughing and pulled her in to the store.

"Try it on." He picked out the dress and handed it to her. She looked at the price tag and shook her head.

"I can' t afford that. Put it back." She commented. Keith shook his head and smirked.

"No. Try. It. On. Now. I can afford it." He smirked. She started to protest, but Keith kissed her. "Please?" His voice husky now. She just nodded, a little dazed and walked towards the dressing rooms. She bumped into someone half way there.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's alright, hun." The voice raised chills up her spine, and not the good kind. She went still and cold all over. She looked up into his face and gasped even though she already knew it was him. "Travis."

"Carly, you're looking good. Have you lost weight?" He asked, an evil smirk plastered on his face. She just shook her head and started walking away. He grabbed her arm and pulled her against him. "Don't walk away from me. You should remember what happens when you go against me." His angry voice scared her.

"Carls? What's going on? Who's this?" Keith's voice had a protective edge to it.

"My ex. Travis." Carly jerked her arm away and walked to Keith's side. Keith stepped in front of her, like a shield. "Let' s just go. We can come back for the dress another day." She whispered in his ear.

"No. He needs to leave you alone. Now." Keith glared at Travis, Travis just smirked, crossing his arms.

"Make me." Travis dared.

"You hurt her, you broke her heart... you don't deserve her or any girl for that matter. Stay away from us or I WILL make you." Keith said through a clenched jaw and gritted teeth. Carly felt her heart skip as he protected her and stood up for her. Keith grabbed her hand, hung the almost forgotten dress on a random rack, and walked out quickly. They left the mall and headed straight home. Even when they were home, Keith seemed mad. He led Carly upstairs and shut his bedroom door. He grabbed her arm softly and looked at it. It was a little bruised from Travis's grip on it and Keith clenched his jaw again. He kissed her arm gently and trailed kissed up her arm, up her neck, to her cheek and brushed his lips against hers.

"Thank you." Carly whispered, lost in his scent and touch. Keith pulled back and gave her a confused look. "For protecting me back there." She said. She wrapped her arms around his waist and he kissed her forehead.

"I love you Carly. I will never hurt you. I wont let anyone else hurt you. You're mine and I am going to protect you every minute of everyday for the rest of my life. Not because I have to. I want to."

"I'll protect you and I love you too." Carly kissed him sweetly. "Oh, I wont hurt you either, you're all mine." She said. Keith picked her up and sat her on the bed. He kissed her until they absolutely had to breathe. They rested their foreheads together and smiled, out of breathe but happy. "What if he comes for me, Keith? He don't give up." She asked.

"Baby, I will have him arrested or either beat him to a pulp if he lays a finger on you. I promise." Keith kissed her and held her tight as they cuddled on his bed for the rest of the afternoon.