Through The Years

(AU where Rex and Ashoka are young and in an academy together. Fluffy/Romance/Adorbz!)

It was Ashoka's first day in the year 3 of Academy, so she and all the other students were 10, aside from one boy. She was learning to be a Jedi, but she still needed to learn everything else, such as; History, Science, Speech, Math, and Gym, and also blaster training. 

She loved School so far, except there was one problem, a kid she hated, a clone cadet, number 7567, but he liked to be called Rex, he was a year older, but in the same grade. She hated him, he hated her, or so she thought. Ashoka thought he was loud, annoying, and smelly. As she did about most of the boys, aside from some of the training padawans. 

She was in her Gym uniform, and ready to go. She walked in, and Rex and a few of his close brothers were there, they were early, as was she. She walked past them, getting to her spot, sat down, and began reading. 

Rex watched her for a while, then turned back to his friends. After a while, the teacher came in. "Ok, everyone needs to partner up! One girl, One boy, please!" He announced. Everyone took partners, and Rex and Ashoka were left with each other. "Sir! I don't wanna be paired with him, he's a jerk to me!" Ashoka called out, "Am not!" Rex replied. "No complaining!" The teacher said sternly, Ashoka groaned and walked over by Rex.

"Look, i'm not happy about this either, but don't whine." Rex stated. Ashoka rolled her eyes, "I don't like you, you don't like me. Let's just get this over with." Ashoka said. Rex nodded, he looked a bit hurt. After their practice, they were headed to lunch. Rex was leaning in the doorway with Cody, he accidentally tripped Ashoka. Everyone in the cafeteria laughed at her, she turned teary eyes to Rex and shouted, "Why do you hate me?!" Rex tried to explain that it was an accident, but she didn't listen.

*Time skip, Year 7 of the Academy, Aged 14 and 15.*

Rex walked down the halls of the School, headed to his locker. He heard a muffled, "Stop!" and turned down the hall to see Ashoka being bullied by some other Padawan Trainees. Rex rushed over, "Hey! Knock it off!" He yelled, they turned, The boy smirked, "And what'll you do if we don't? Huh?...Clone?" Rex's fist clenched at that word. He punched him in the jaw, dislocating it. They ran away. 

He reached out a hand, and helped Ashoka up. "T-thanks...Rex.." She stuttered. She had changed over the years. But Rex knew she still hated him, or so he thought. "Uh, no problem Ashoka." He said with a small smile, he began walking away. "Hey! Wait up!" She called, and jogged to catch up with him. "Mind if i walk with you?" She asked shyly, Rex nodded with a smile. 

"I know i haven't been the nicest to you, and for that i'm sorry. But i think we should be friends!" Ashoka said, "What'd ya say?" She asked. Rex smiled, "Sounds like a great idea kid." He replied. "Hey! Your only older then me by a few months, jerk!" She mocked, "Whatever." Rex smirked. 

They walked to History, and sat beside each other. Some students were surprised to see that, it wasn't normal. Cody even question Rex after School that day. "What the hell? I thought you hated her!" "Well..i don't!" was all he had to say. 

From that day, they became inseparable. They did projects together, ate together, along with Rex's friends/Brothers. And even had sleep overs.

*Time skip, Graduation, aged 17 and 18.*

"I'm so excited!" Ashoka shouted, she stood beside Rex, in their graduation robes. Rex smiled, he didn't know why, but whenever he was around her, he always had a smile on his face. And his heart would beat fast, but he knew Ashoka didn't feel those things around him, or so he thought.