Late Night Caf

(Another angsty Roxy one-shot, bear with me I just love my troubled baby, ok? Also who else is excited for The Clone Wars to return!? Well enjoy the pain for now!)

*Warnings!: Mentions of blood, depression, death, and suicide!*

The halls were dimly lit this late at night in the Barracks. The matched her feet with the white tiles of the floor as she made her way to the kitchen, the kitchen was dark until she flipped the switch, making the room a blinding white. Roxy walked over to the caf machine and made herself a cup, the bitter-sweet scent filling the room and probably several others. 

As her drink brewed she thought over her latest nightmare, she had looked down to see her vod dead all around her, she was bleeding from her scars, they had opened. She could hear screams and shouts from her Generals and brothers. She felt cold and alone, just like she did all those years ago in that old house, she had fallen to her knees and cried. Then, as if looking into a mirror of some kind, she watched herself when she was a child, she saw herself crying on the floor of that god forsaken house. She saw herself put that blaster up to her temple, she waited for Rex to burst in, only he didn't and she watched herself die.

That's when the nightmare ended. Quite a lot of her nightmares were like this, but this one shook her up a little more than the others. Roxy looked back at the caf machine, her cup was half brewed, she looked at the shiny fridge and saw her reflection. 

She noted how tired she looked, how done she looked, how defeated she seemed. Roxy sighed and rubbed her deep brown eyes and scanned the room, her cup was now full and she grabbed it, and put two spoon fulls of sugar in it and sat at one of the booth like tables. 

she stirred her hot drink until it cooled and took a sip, she heard a sound and looked up as an instinct, she saw a figure walk in. It was Rex. "Vod'ika what are you doing up?" He asked, she loved when he called her sister in Mando'a. "I just had a nightmare, couldn't fall back asleep." She shrugged it off as nothing. 

Rex wasn't easily fooled, he knew Roxy, and he knew something was wrong. "Kid, y'know you can talk to me about anything, right?" Rex said quietly, Roxy's eyes shot up from her Caf and to Rex, "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked with attitude. "Exactly what it sounds like." He replied with a new stern tone. 

"Rex, I'm fine, really I am." She told him. Rex made an unimpressed face and cocked a brow, "Kid I know you better than you think, I can tell when you're feeling down. Now what's wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing's wrong." She lied again. Rex looked disappointed and got up, "Night kid." was all he left her with. The air felt stale as he closed the door behind himself. Roxy felt like an idiot for pushing her own brother away like that, but she had burdened him enough. 

He took her in, raised her and cared for her when no one else would, and as thankful as she was for that, for giving her a family, she also felt like a burden. She never bothered Rex with small things like her nightmares or personal problems, she preferred to handle things on her own. She looked into her now cold caf and felt the tears begin to fall down her cheeks. She wiped them away, but as quick as she did, they came right back.

She looked down to her scars, she had been told they were trophies, that she shouldn't be ashamed of them, that they were reminders of how far she'd come. They were reminders alright, reminders of how she was once so weak that she did that to herself.

Roxy stood up, knocking the cold caffinated drink to the floor as she did, and ran out the door to find Rex. Forget trying to be strong around him all the time, forget pushing him away, forget trying to deal with this herself. She saw him as he was about to walk into his room, he turned and saw her running at him.

She flung herself into his chest and cried. He tried to shush her and he led her into his room and had her sit on his bed, he turned on the lamp and sat beside her. "Kid, hey shhhh, it's okay, it's okay." He lulled. The tears kept streaming down her freckled cheeks. 

"What's the matter?" Rex asked when she had calmed down. "Rex, am I a burden?" She asked as she locked eyes with her older brother. "What? No. God no, what makes you say that?" He asked with shock in his features. "I just feel like a burden to you, I always go to you with my problems when you have your own bigger problems, and I feel like I bother you, that and my nightmares are getting worse.." She explained. Rex hugged her tighter to him. 

"You could never be a burden to me, you're my little sister and I love you, alright? Don't ever forget that. You could never, never ever, ever be a burden to me, or the others." He replied. Roxy sniffled and smiled a bit at him. He returned it. "Now, about your nightmares." He began, "How bad are they?" He asked, "Usually they don't bother me but this one did, It started with me seeing you and the guys dead, my scars were bleeding and I heard screams and yells, then I saw my younger self and she, she...." Roxy trailed off as she began to cry.

He understood, he always did. "Shh, it's alright kid, I'm here." Rex said as he rubbed circles on her back to sooth her. Once the tears ran dry, Roxy pushed herself away from Rex a bit. 

"Thank you Rex, for always being here to make me feel better, whether it be when I'm sick, hurt, or depressed. You're always there to make it better. I don't know what I ever did to deserve you and the guys." She said and hugged him once more before standing up. "I should get to bed, we've got training tomorrow.." She said, Rex walked her across the hall to her room, and hugged her once more.

"G'night Vod'ika. If you have another nightmare, you know where to find me.." He said with a small smile and went back to his room. Roxy went back to her room and covered up in her bed, and fell into a pleasant slumber, all thanks to her brother. 

*The End

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: On a bit of a Star Wars kick because IT'S COMING BACK NEXT YEAR!!!! YEET I'M SO EXCITED!! Sorry for the angst and pain but enjoy and I'll see y'all later! :)) ~Emilypeej