Roxy's Heart (part 5/?)

Roxy was panting as she lay in her single bed, sweat beading at her forehead, she whimpered and twitched, and finally bolted up with a small scream. Benjamin turned quickly and stumbled out of his seat and over to Roxy. "You okay?" he asked, "Y-yeah...I'm fine.." she replied with a dry mouth. "You look like shit, are you getting sick?" 

"No no, really it's nothing, just a nightmare. I get them a lot, it's no biggie." Roxy brushed him off. "Well, alright, you only slept for about an hour so you can back to sleep if you want." he told her, "I won't sleep after that, I think I'll stay up and keep you company!" she mocked.

"Yay.." said Benjamin with sarcasm and a smirk, "Oh shut up, I'm great company, you know why?" 

"Because you're insane?" 

"No. Well, not completely, no I'm good company because I bring the booze!" She exclaimed and went to a cupboard and grabbed a bottle of corrilian whiskey and two glasses. "I take it back, you are wonderful company!" laughed Benny

Roxy took her place in the pilots seat, and poured two glasses of the alcohol, handing one to Benny. They sat in peaceful silence, it was comfortable, then Benny spoke up. 

"You said you have nightmares often...mind if I ask why?" Benjamin asked.

"It's just PTSD, you don't go through a war and what I went through without getting some kind of mental issue, I don't know what started it all though, could have been before the war, I've just kinda always had bad dreams, I'm used to it." Roxy explained.

"Yeah, I suppose that would do it. What planet did you grow up on? I read your file but it had said you grew up in the outer rim." 

"Ah, some shitty planet...Delrakkin I think, though technically I didn't grow up there per say, I grew up on Coruscant with my brothers, I was abused and abandoned on Delrakkin." she replied darkly.

"Delrakkin, isn't that like Tattoine but it actually rains?" he asked

"Yeah, it's an alright planet, the city I grew up in was shitty, and I don't ever plan on going back. But enough about me for now, I answered something personal, now so do you." she said and poked his arm.

"Alright, whad'ya wanna know?" 

"Why are you doing this? Being an assassin for the Empire, I mean." 

He sighed, "I knew that was coming, uh, well my folks put me in a training camp on Mandalore, my dad was with some group that wanted to overthrow the Duchess, not Death watch, some other group, I'm half Mandalorian half Tattooineian, but he put in at some camp, where my older brother had gone, I was only fourteen so this is before the Empire rose. My old man wanted me to be just like him and my brother, I wanted nothing to do with it all, I wasn't very good with any of that and funnily enough I wanted to be a writer and have nothing to do with any of the wars, but of course my dad was having none of it and he'd whoop me any time I said anything about the subject.

 My mom died when I was five, so she wasn't there to control his temper, I never understood why an angel like her would be with him, she was so kind and gentle and he was cold and hating. I hated him, and I resented my brother for being the prodigal son. But, I'm getting off track, one day while I was training, I slipped off some rocks and fell and they said I was a failure and wanted nothing to do with me, they said I was too weak, too useless..." He trailed off and took a long drink of his whiskey.

Then he continued, "So, they gave me a note saying I had failed too many times and told me to give it to my father, I was horrified I begged them to let me stay, just so my dad wouldn't kill me, cause believe me, he would have. They said no, and sent me on my merry fucking way. I got home and gave the note to my dad, if I said he was pissed that would be an understatement, he threw me out of the house and told me I was a disgrace and made me leave, I took shelter in some old building and the next day when a cargo ship came in from Coruscant, I got on it and left that town.