Roxy's Heart (part 2/?)

"Abused, a killer...I know everything about you....Roxy Jaxlyn..." 

Roxy awoke from the dream with a jump, she quickly looked around her ship and settled down, she was alone. She sighed and pulled out her comm link, thinking about telling Rex, to get some guidance or advice, but she knew what he would say, "Get out of there, come back home." she wasn't ready for that, not this soon. 

She got up from her pull-out bed and looked out the window on the door, staring out into the empty, vast, deserts of Tatooine. She really did hate the heat, the sand, the rude people. "I thought I would enjoy being on my own, I miss my family.." She mumbled. Tired of being dragged into her own mind and dark thoughts, Roxy threw on her boots and jacket, and left her ship. After making sure it was locked she began walking towards a Cantina, a drink or two might help ease her unsettled mind and heart.

She walked down the city center, where the market stalls were usually set up, it was all lit dimly by street lamps, it reminded her of the ones on Coruscant. She finally found a Cantina, it didn't seem too bad, but at this time of the morning, she was a bit weary. Feeling the weight of her blasters on her hips, she sighed in relief. Upon entering the establishment, several heads turned to see who walked in, she could pick out a few young bounty hunters, some prostitutes, and a few lowlife's. 

She took a seat at the bar and ordered whatever the bartender recommended, when a man came up beside her, "Uh, trust me you don't want sand whiskey, it's called that for a reason." He interjected, "Oh? And what do you recommend then?" Roxy asked, not getting a hostile vibe from him. "Either Corrilian whiskey, or else, the stuff in the blue bottles is a personal favorite." He replied with a smile, Roxy eyed him for a moment, and then ordered a Corillian. 

Finally taking a moment, she took in the man's appearance, he was young, late twenties, sandy blond hair, with nice green eyes, dressed in typical Tatooian clothing, a hair taller than herself. She took a sip of her drink, and stared back at the bar, "I suppose I should introduce myself," He began with his accented voice, "My name is Daviin Reid, I'm a travelling market salesman, not very exciting but, it puts bread on the table." He said politely. "You are?" 

"Mitch Ragorian..." She used her fake name, it wasn't easy trusting people, so she used her fake name now. "Nice to meet you." He held out his hand, and Roxy shook it with a tight grip. "I can't say I've seen you around, are you new or just passing through?" He asked with innocent politeness, "Just passing through, I don't really know where I'm headed, I just decided one day to get in my ship and do what I wanted." She replied, "Must be nice, just being able to up and leave, I would do anything to get away from my life, it's boring and repetative, and I have to deal with all these people." Daviin explained. 

As Roxy was about to reply, a brawl started in a booth behind them. Roxy turned and watched for a moment, it seemed to be a gangster trying to shake down some poor shop owner. "Hey!" she shouted, "Let him go." she stated, confidence coursing through her. "Or what, bitch?" Asked the woman, "Or I'll have to kick your ass until you learn some respect." she replied in a way that made herself seem more like Rex.

The gangster woman dropped the shop owner and approached Roxy, keeping the cold look in her eyes, Roxy regarded her with the same amount of disgust. "Do you know who I am?" asked the woman, the entire cantina went silent, "No, nor I care. But if you're going to take all the money from that man over there, in my presence, I'm going to have to do something about it. I won't let it slip by like the rest of these folks." Roxy replied in a stern voice, the same she'd used when commanding a battalion. 

The woman chuckled and threw a punch, Roxy caught it, Daviin looked on in surprise. "Gonna have to try harder than that." Roxy said, and threw a right hook, her fist colliding with the gangsters jaw, knocking her out instantly. Sometimes Roxy forgot she was stronger than a normal person. She went and sat back down by Daviin, and the other patrons of the cantina went back to minding their own business, and the music continued.