Life Story: Part 1/3

"You really wanna hear the story of my shit life? Alright fine. It all started a long time ago, on a planet far far away."....***10 years ago on Delrakkin***

She woke up to the sound of her parents screaming, again. They had been fighting and taking their anger out on Roxy, as usual. The ten year old girl turned to look at her clock, it was 1:00AM. She sighed, and flinched as she heard the heavy footsteps come up the stairs. 

"Pretend to sleep, pretend to sleep." She told herself. Her mother swung the door open, and grabbed Roxy by the wrist, "Mom! Let me go!" She screamed. Her mother threw her to the ground, she was drunk, again. Her mother kicked her, and beat her. Roxy cried out in pain with every slap, punch, and scratch. 

Her mother stormed out of the room after calling Roxy things like; Useless, pathetic, and so on. Roxy sat against the wall, and cried as she examined her new scars and bruises. "What did i ever do?" She whispered to herself, and sobbed. She silently crawled back to her bed and tried to sleep. But she was too afraid that she would be pulled out of the safety of sleep, and be beaten again. 

She rarely slept more then five hours, she was thin, and weak. When the sun arose, she stole a few credits from her mother's purse, and quietly snuck out of the house. She wore a jacket and hood to hide the bruises from the locals. When it began to rain, she looked up at the sky and took a deep breath. She watched as the rain fell on her face, and washed away the dirt from the streets. She walked a few more blocks in the rain until she reached the diner, she ate there everyday. 

Mitch, the owner, was a good man. Honest, hard working, and not a scum-bag. "Mornin' Roxy. The usual?" He asked. "Yeah, but put cream in the coffee this time." She replied. "Alright, little lady." He said with a smile. His smile dropped when he saw the red marks on her face, "Hey, you okay kid?" He asked, "Honestly...no. I feel like i wanna frikkin' die." She told him. "Don't put up with your parents doin' this shit to ya, kid. Turn 'em into the guards"Mitch told her. "Wish i could, but they never believe me. They think i hurt myself to get attention." Roxy stated.

"Well, i'll help ya figure something out, but for right now, i'm gonna cook you an omelet!" Said Mitch. He went back into the kitchen and began cooking. Valerie, the waitress, got Roxy her coffee. "It'll get better, Rox." Valerie said, and side hugged Roxy. "Thanks, Val." Roxy said with a small smile. AfterMitch had cooked her omelet, Roxy ate quickly, paid him, and hurried back home. She crawled back into her room through the window. 

She waited a few hours, and went out into the living room. Her parents weren't there. She didn't dare call out for them. She went into the kitchen, empty. Her parents bedroom, empty. The bathroom, empty. She looked outside, they weren't anywhere to be found. She checked the bedroom again and saw things scattered about, like it was ransacked. She found only clothes and material objects missing. "Their...gone?" She asked herself.

She ran outside. "Mom!? Dad!?" She called out. No one was around. They were gone, they had left their only daughter all alone. She looked all around town, calling out to them. They were nowhere to be found. She went to the bar, where they spent their days. They weren't there. 

"What're you doin' here little missy?" A drunken man asked, "I-i'm looking for my parents." She stuttered. "Why don't you come home with me...i'll take good care of ya." He said with a smirk. "Um, n-no.." She said, backing away. The man grabbed her wrist, "Hey! Let her go, Dreg!" Yelled a familiar voice, Roxy turned and saw Mitch. "Get outta here, kid!" Mitch told her, Roxy turned and began to leave. She looked back and saw Mitch and the drunken man, Dreg fighting. And Mitch was on the losing end of the fight.

She began running. She reached her house, and went to her room. Her parents were gone, Mitch was gonna hate her after this, and she was all alone. She went to her room, and cried. "I-i'm gonna die alone.." She sobbed. She calmed herself and looked in the mirror, she saw the bruises, the scratch marks, the cuts. "No. It's good their gone. Now they can't hurt me anymore, i have to be strong. I can take care of myself....i-..i think.." She told herself.