Fortress

Rex had always had a thing for Ahsoka Tano, and when he had finally told her, just a little while after they got back from Kadavo, she rejected him. She told him he was 'just a friend' and 'more like a brother'. He had let out all those emotions to her, and she pushed him away. They haven't properly spoken in days, he only spoke when spoken too, during mission briefings. 

He was hurt, can you blame him? He really loved her. She didn't feel that way.

Rex sat beside his brothers in the mess hall, when his comm link bleeped. "Captain Rex here." He answered, "Rex, Anakin needs you in the briefing room, asap." Said Ahsoka's voice. Rex felt his heart sink, "Be right there, Commander." he said, and hung up. He left his tray, and went to find his General. He walked into the briefing room, and saw his General and Commander, along with Cody and Kenobi. "Generals, Commanders." He acknowledged with a nod. "Good, your here. We got word that there's going to be a threat made against the Chancellor. We need all the men we can get to guard him. I want you to double security in the senate building, and his home." Said Anakin. Rex nodded, "Oh, take Ahsoka with you." Anakin added. 

Rex rolled his eyes under his helmet, and nodded. Ahsoka walked beside Rex, and they made their way down the halls. "Hey, Rex?" She began as if she were going to ask a question. He ignored her. "Damn it." She cursed and pushed him into an empty hall. "What's with you!? You've been an ass the past few days. Your not still upset about what happened are you?" She asked, "I've been an ass, have i?" He asked cockily. "And yes, i am still upset! I have you my heart, commander. And you rejected me. How do you think that feels?" He stated. 

"Look, i'm sorry. I really am! But i don't see you that way, you can't force someone to love you." She said, Rex looked away, sighed, and looked back at her. "Whatever. Let's just get going, if there's a threat against the Chancellor, we need to protect him." He said, and walked away. Ahsoka sighed, she didn't want to lose her best friend, though she feared she already had. 

Ahsoka always loved Rex as a best friend and a brother. Or, did she? It's been a confusing time for her. Of course Rex was good looking, kind, and always careful with her. But she could never be sure of her feelings. 

She caught up to Rex, and they went outside into the rain. Rex found his squad of men and began ordering them around, telling them where to go. Ahsoka watched him from a couple feet away, she watched as the rain fell onto his faded armor, she noticed how the light from one of the lamp posts, seemed to make him glow. 

Rex felt an uneasiness, and looked behind him, only to find Ahsoka staring. Her eyes widened as she noticed he had seen her, she looked away quickly. She hoped he hadn't noticed too much. But he noticed. He looked back to him men, and told them where to go. Rex took Ahsoka and went to find the Chancellor. They had been informed that he was at his home, and that he ahd guards. Rex just needed to check, and be sure. So he and Ahsoka took a speeder there, when they arrived, they saw no guards.

"Those lazy bastards!" Rex cursed. They walked into the house, and found the Chancellor sleeping, Ahsoka woke him, and told him that they needed to leave. Rex was on look-out outside. He felt a pain in his head, and he fell unconscious. Ahsoka heard something, and drew her lightsaber. The Chancellor was changing, and Ahsoka waited outside, she heard something behind her, and naturally put her lightsaber to what ever it was, the Chancellor was right behind her, and she now had her saber to his throat.

And, of course, Fox and his men rode up on speeders. "Hey! Stop right there, Jedi!" he yelled, "What? I'm not the assassin! He just startled me!" She yelled. "And just how am i supposed to believe that?" Fox asked, advancing towards her with hand cuffs. "Sir, you know what happened, you know it was an accident!" Ahsoka said to the Chancellor. "I-..i can't be sure, can i? I'm sorry my dear." He said.