Life Story (part 4/9?)

A few months had past since Roxy's parents showed back up and messed her up. She'd been trying to put all that behind her, and was partially succeeding. She was now walking to the temple to talk with the Jedi, they had some, as they said 'Very important business' to discuss with her. She reached the steps of the Temple and saw Obi-wan waiting for her, she walked with him to the council room. She greeted all the Jedi with the formal, "Generals." and a nod, she took off her helmet and stood so she could see them all. 

"Thank you for coming this early, Corporal Roxy." Mace Windu acknowledged, "Of course, uh...what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked, slightly nervous. "Well, as you know the Clones all age differently, so it's more efficient, and well, since your not actually a Clone, and your a one of our best soldiers, we have to ask.." Plo Koon trailed off, "If you would want your aging process slowed, so you would live longer and be able to fight along side the men longer.." Obi-wan finished. 

Roxy thought a moment, "I...don't know. I don't wanna live forever but, I also don't want to lose my place in the GAR." She started, "I guess I should think about it, I'll get back to you later on that Generals." She said, they nodded, "Take your time Roxy, we know this is a difficult decision." Obi-wan replied, Roxy nodded and left. She walked back to the Barracks and stopped outside the building, she took a breath and walked in. She was greeted by a water balloon to the face, she looked for the one who threw it, it was a shiny named Porter, "Oh, shit! Corporal, I'm so sorry! Fives said to do it!" He apologized profusely, Roxy smirked and grabbed a water balloon and threw it at his face.

"Fives, I'm gonna kick your ass!" She yelled, and wiped her face dry with her gloved hand, she turned and saw Rex on his Data pad, probably figuring out the next mission or something, she took a seat beside him. "Hey kid, what's up?" He asked, not looking up from his work, "Uh, well I went to talk with the Generals this morning-" "What did you do?" Rex cut her off, "Nothing! Geez, thanks for having faith in me." She laughed, "No, but I talked to them and, they asked me if I want to slow my aging process, like you guys.." She said. Rex set down his data pad and looked at Roxy, "What did you say?" He asked, "I said I'd think about it...what do you think I should do?" asked Roxy, "Well if you say yes, then you'll keep aging, slowly but still age, and look nineteen for a longer time, but if you say no, then you'll keep aging, and probably be forced to retire by the time your in your fourty, if the war goes on that long.." He replied.

"So, yes is the better option, slow my aging process and look like a kid for a longer time?" She questioned, "I...guess so? But that's up to you." He said and went back to work. Roxy went to the cafeteria and got some caf, she saw Ahsoka sitting at a table reading a book, "Hey, mind if I sit?" asked Roxy, Ahsoka nodded, "Yeah, I'd love the company!" she replied cheerfully. Roxy sat and took a sip of the hot cafinated drink, "I can sense your thinking, what's wrong?" Ahsoka asked, "Well, I think I'm going to slow my aging process.." Roxy said, Ahsoka looked at her with confusion, "I have to, to be able to keep fighting for longer, depending on how long the war goes on for. If I slow my aging, I'll look like this for a couple years longer but I'll be older then I really am, kind of. If I don't once I'm around fourty I'll have to retire from the war and what not, again, depending on how long it goes on for." She explained.

Ahsoka nodded, "What are you going to say to the Council?" She asked, "I'm going to say yes, being with the clones is the best thing that's ever happened in my life, so I have to stay as long as I can, their my family. So I'll slow my aging and stay longer." She replied simply. Ahsoka nodded, "That's probably the right decision. I know the men care for you as their sister." Ahsoka replied. Roxy finished her caf and walked back to the Jedi Temple. She went into the Council room and told them her decision. They took her to the med bay and had the syrum inserted, she felt a slight pain, then a numbness in her arm, after the numbness was gone, they let her go back to the barracks.