[Chapter 1]

Sumi (POV) 

As I was walking towards the living room, my uncle and auntie were sitting down with a disappointment faces. I suddenly felt something was wrong, so I walked towards the couch and sat down. 

Sumi: Auntie? Is everything okay? Is there something wrong? 

Uncle: Sweetie? We have to tell you something and it's urgent for you to know.

I looked at them with my worried face. 

Sumi: What is it? Is it something bad? 

Auntie: Sweetie, you need to leave this place, as soon as possible. 

Sumi: What? Why? Did I do something that you guys are not happy about? 

Uncle: No, sweetheart. It's just that you're not safe here anymore. They're coming for you tonight. You need to pack up and leave. 

Sumi: What about you guys? Who am I going to live if I don't have you guys? 

Auntie: We'll be behind you.

Sumi: That's what people always say in dramas, but in the end they ended up dead. I only have you two, I lost so many people in my life already. I don't want to lose you guys too. 

I started sobbing along with my uncle and auntie. Suddenly a huge bang was heard from the front of the house. 

Uncle: They're here. Sumi-ah, you have to leave now. 

I started sobbing even harder. 

Auntie: Sumi, go to this place. You'll be safe there. Go. 

My auntie wrote down the address and gave it to me. I grabbed the note and my auntie helped me stood up from the couch. My uncle went and grab a katana and walked towards the front of the house. My auntie dragged me towards the back yard, to escape there. 

Sumi: Auntie please. Please come with me. I don't want to live alone. 

Auntie: Go to this place. They already know that you'll be going there. They can take care of you. Be a good person, like how I taught you. I love you, Sumi. You will always be my favorite and only niece. 

Tears started streaming down and I climbed my way up the wall and ran as fast as I can. As I ran away, I heard gun shooting and I turned around and suddenly the house was on fire. I turned back around and kept on running towards the bus station. As I got on the bus, I looked at the note. This will be the last thing that I'll get from my auntie. Tears kept on streaming down and couldn't stop. 

Sumi: When will my life ever be at peace? When will this war ever end? Please? Someone save me from this hell? 

I said to myself, whispering. 

TO BE CONTINUED

Thank you for reading this ff. I hope this first chapter wasn't too boring. I hope that you readers loved it.