Daryl and the Deaf 2

(Set at Alexandria in season 6.)

Warning: Light cussing. Some fluff. Implied smut. Ages 13+

Summery: If you didn't read the 1st part, do it now. You and Daryl are now in a relationship. You go to Denise for a cut on your arm. She quickly noticed that you are deaf. She offers you operation to get a cochlear implant. Right after you can finally hear, you run to go see Daryl and surprise. You are now 17 btw.

This last year has been really hard on you. First the Governor attacking the prison, escaping with Michonne, she was still learning sign language so it was still hard to communicate. Then the incident with Terminus. They wanted you to speak but you couldn't so they got frustrated. It frustrated you more because you couldn't tell them you were deaf. You really needed Alexandria to calm down and rest. And I'm sure everyone else did too.

You were walking in the woods looking for your knife that Carl chucked over the wall. He said that he had a surprise for you but you wanted it then. He grabbed your knife from your hip and ran out of the house. You chased him to the wall. You signed, "I got you now! Give it back. I need that!". He gave you a devilish smile and threw it. When he looked back to you, he was already on the ground. You socked him in the arm. "Dude!! Why are you such a bitch!" He answered you by flipping you off.

You kicked the fence to tell Abraham to open it. He smiled at you and signed, "Is Y/n having boy troubles?". You glared at him and he was quick to open it. You walked with him following right behind to protect you. You turned to the side to look at him. You were about to sign something but you noticed a sharp pain on your arm. The blood had seeped through your white shirt. You had cut it on a rail sticking out of the wall. He scooped you into his arms and ran to Denise. The cut wasn't that deep but just in case.

She stitched you up and was talking. You were reading her mouth when she snapped her fingers in your face. Abraham grabbed her by the arm and started talking. A expression of 'ohhhh...' washed her face. He had told her you were deaf. Denise chatted with him for a moment, a smile appeared on his face. He looked at you and signed, "She said that she has done a cochlear implant before, she wants to help you. If you let her, she will do the operation!"

You wanted to scream. You would have gotten it done long ago but you didn't have the money. All you could do is nod and smile. You thought about it for a second. "Wait, Abe. Can we keep it a secret for now? I want to surprise Daryl!". Him and Denise talked once again. "Yeah. Keep it under wrap till its done."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of the operation. 4 days later.

"I'm so excited! I'm going to be able to hear!" You sign to Abraham. You, him, and Denise have done a good job of not telling anyone. "I'm excited for you!" He has been 'non stop smiley' man all day. "Deep breath, Y/n. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." You counted in your head and fell asleep just like that.

You woke up with a headache. You felt the apparatus on your head and ear. Abraham was next to you with a wide smile. "Well?" You could hear him! You started to cry but stopped. You could hear yourself too! Then the flood gates opened. "I can hear you! And me!!" *Sob Sob* "It sounds fantastic!". He laughed and said, "Carl is done with your surprise. He wants you to go home." You jumped out if bed and sprinted home.

Carl was waiting for you on the porch. He signed, "I have something I want to show you.". "Just talk goddamn it!" You said with a huge smile. "OMG!! Can you hear me?". "Oh yeah, chipmunk!" You hugged for a while. You walked inside to be surprised with your birthday party. All the excitement of the operation clouded your mind, you forgot about your 17th birthday. Literally, the same thing happened with everybody else...minus the chipmunk part. You still didn't see your lover. You were still waiting for Daryl to come home from a hunt.

"Daryl's here!!" Maggie screamed. You ran to the fence waiting to hear the wonderful voice that you dreamed about for the last 6 years. You watched him walk right passed you and hand the squirrels to Abraham. Your face dropped. Daryl walked marched towards the house when Abraham got upset. "Hey, Daryl! Aren't you going to talk to Y/n? I think you should.". "Nah, I'm busy. Mabey later. I've got things to do.". You got so pissed off. "Yeah, Abe. He's got things to do. I can talk to him later." You smiled. "I imagined the 1st words that I heard out of your mouth would maybe be 'I love you'...but good enough." He whipped his head around faster than you can say crossbow. "What?" He was still in shock. "You can hear me? And I can hear you! This is amazing! Get over here!"

You ran and hugged him. He caught you and spun you around in his arms. "I'm still waiting to hear those 3 words...". "I. Love. Crossbows! I'm jus' kiddn'! I love you!"  Laughter filled the air as everybody was cheering and clapping. Rick yelled, "Get some Daryl!". Daryl then shocked you. He then said, "Oh, trust me, I will." You hadn't done anything yet. You grabbed his face and pulled his face to yours and gave him the most passionate kiss you could. Rick was your dad so it was kind of confusing that he would say something like that. But were you glad that he did. You made a mental note to thank him in the morning. Thank you Dad!

This song is     Crystal ball   by    P!nk