Daryl's heart break

(Set at Alexandria in season 6)

Warning: Sadness. Some cussing. Ages 13+

Summary: You are on a run gone wrong. In your last moments of life, Daryl is there. Cry in each others arms. That is until, you pass away. Daryl gets mad and breaks things. Glenn has to stop him and bring him back. Daryl has to witness everyone's reactions.

You picked up the can of corn and put it in your basket. A small growl could be heard from behind the shelf. You were quick to pull your knife out of its sheath. It came limping to you. Behind the walker, 4 more could be seen. You didn't want to scare Daryl so you decided to fight them off alone. You knew he would save you in a heart beat but you didn't want him to get hurt. You took them on. You pulled out your knife to stab the walker. It plunged into its rotting skull with a squishing noise. You fought off 2 more walkers to protect Daryl who was still unaware of the danger you were fighting off. You stabbed another one in the head.

A piercing pain shot through your shoulder. You looked down to see a oozing bite. One must have snuck up behind you. "Daryl!!" He came running with his crossbow aimed. You slowly turned to show him the wound. He dropped his crossbow. Everything went in slow motion as your knees gave in. Daryl's eyes went wide as he dashed towards you. He caught you just as you were about to hit the cold ground. "Woah, I gotcha', sweetheart. I gotcha'." Daryl shifted on the ground as he moved your head on his lap.

You looked up and saw his grief stricken eyes. "Please don't cry." You gave him a weak smile as a single tear fell down your face. "How can I not? Your my wife. The mother of my child. I can't not cry." His tears were running down his face. You reached your unaffected arm to his face to wipe the tears away. He grabbed your hand and pressed it to his soaked face. He pressed his lips to your shaking hand. "I love you, Y/n." You smiled as another tear slipped from your glossy eyes.

"Tell me a story." He gave the weakest smile you had ever seen him give. "Ok. Once upon a time, there was a boy. There was a beautiful girl. The boy never though he would ever get this girl. He would look at her in class everyday. She finally caught him. He had never felt more embarrassed. He told her how he felt after she asked him. They had their 1st kiss that day. After that, they got married. She gave him a daughter and a home. She didn't care how he was raised or how much they fought. She loved him anyway. I have no idea why though, he's a jerk." You giggled at his 'story'. "He's not a jerk. She thinks he is the most wonderful man she has ever met."

He let go of your hand, it fell back to your side. He was crying and sniffling. "Daryl, I'm gonna be fine." He pulled you to his chest and cradled you. You snuggled your face into his arm. "I'm sorry I wasn't there." You shifted in his arms to look in his icy eyes. "No, its my fault. I didn't yell." He shook his head. "Nah, I should a' left your side." You shoved your face back to his chest and cried. "I love you. Tell Y/d/n I love her." He started to shake and cry. "I will, sunshine." You felt the world getting dizzier. You gave a long sigh. "Daryl, I'm ready." He propped your head up on his lap. "Ok." You looked in his eyes one last time. "Don't cry." The world went completely black. The pain was gone. The world slipped through your hands. Gone.

DARYL'S P.O.V

She closed her eyes. She was gone, just like that. Her face went pale and her arms went limp. I held her to my sweaty chest and cried. I sat there for a while with her still in my arms. I was suppose to be back by now. Some ones gonna be here soon. I knew I had to end it for her. She would never want to be one of those things. I slowly removed my knife from its sheath. I held it to the back of her head. With a sob, I pushed it through her hair leading to her skull. I gently set her down.

I don't know what to do without her. I paced in the isle thinking of what to do. Involuntarily, my arm grabbed something and threw it. It made a loud crashing sound. I realized, it felt good. I picked up a vase on the shelf and threw it at the wall. *Crash!* I picked up an old boot and chucked it at the back door. *Boom!* After that, I didn't bother looking at what I was throwing. I just went for it. *Smash!* *Crash!* *Boom!* When one isle was empty, I would start with the next, then sounds started all over again.

I was about to hurl another item at the wall when a hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned around to see a frightened Glenn with his hands raised. "Woah, man! Put the can down!" I dropped it and fell to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably. "I know, I saw. I'm sorry, man." I covered my face with my arm. "We gotta get back." I stood up and stomped over to Y/n's corpse. "Only if we take her." Glenn nodded. "I would never leave her." I scooped her into my arms and walked out of the destroyed store. On the way, I told him what happened. It was a long walk back to Alexandria but I didn't stop for nothin.

"Rick! Open the gates!" He rushed to the gate and opened it. His eyes met with her cold body. He stumbled around a little. Y/n and him always had a connection. "How'd this happen?" He was already crying. Maggie came running. "Oh my God!" She ran to Glenn and cried. I walked passed him and let Glenn explain. I walked to the cemetery and set her down. I saw everyone crowding Glenn to get the story. I dug her grave and placed her in it. I looked at her beautiful and wiped my tears.

I saw Y/d/n run to me with a wide smile. "Where's mama?" I dropped to my knees. I curled up in a ball and wailed. All I could do was point to her grave. She laid down on me and screamed. I pulled her to my chest and sobbed in her hair. "Mama's gone!" A cradled her in my arms like I had done many times before. This time was different. Y/n wasn't here to join in. I am never going to be able to hold her at night. I will never smell her honey like skin again. I can't be graced with her porcelain face ever again. All I had left of her was Y/d/n. She looked so much like her. They are so beautiful. I already miss Y/n.