Daryl's Story

(Set at the prison in season 4)

Warning: Major fluff! Some cussing. Ages 13+

Summary: Daryl has had a stressful day. He comes right to you, being his best friend and all. You give him a back rub and you talk about funny things that has happened to you. You laugh about it then you end up falling asleep in his bed.

You were in your cell reading something when you heard the door slam. You jumped at the loud, echoing sound. You looked up to see Daryl staring at you. "Hey, sweetheart, my back hurts really bad. I know you'll probably say no but can you rub it?" You smiled and sat up patting the space beside you. "Lay down." He smiled back and laid down on the bed face down. "Thanks. I've had a long day. I could use a good laugh. Got any jokes or stories?" You laughed and said, "You know I got no jokes. I got some funny stories though." You scooted up and sat on his butt with your knees on either side of him.

"There's this one time; I was skinny dippin' with my cousin, we were in this small pond in the back woods. The pond happened to be right next to a small highway. A jeep was drivin' right next to us. The lady came into the woods and asked us if we knew where her dog was. We sunk into the water where she could only see our head. She asked us why we were swimming. My cousin walked out of the water and said, 'We ain't swimmin',  were skinny dippin'. Get it right' and walked back into the water and started swimmin' again." You laughed at the memory. He was laughing making you bounce due to the shaking. "Tell me another one." You had enough to keep him busy for a year. You were a klutz and was always doing something stupid.

"Ummm... When I was about 13 years old, I was in the 8th grade. I had no filter. I was told the principle was showing around a new kid's parents around the school. I found them and introduced myself as one of the staff. The parents were super nice but the principle was already mad. Boy, was she in for it. I started talking about some slave program we had goin' on. I said that we mad them clean the bathrooms and vacuum the classrooms. There faces, man. You should have seen them. I was pulled aside and bitched at. But it was worth every second." Daryl laughed again but this time it was a deep laugh. You almost fell off of him.

"That's all for now. Sorry but my hands hurt. Your back is stiff. I will work on it later." You jumped off of him to stand up. Daryl rolled over to looked at you. "Come here, sunshine." He scooted over to make room for you. You laid down next to him and looked at the bunk above you. "I got a good one." You shifted to look at him. He turned on his side and stared in your eyes.

"I remember the 1st time we met. That was funny. Tell me that one. I wanna hear it again." You giggled. You remember it like it was yesterday. You met right after they had settled into the prison. Ever since that amazing day, you and Daryl had become best friends because you were so much alike. You and the strangers had gotten use to each other and were now a huge family.

"Well. I was walking in the woods by my self, like an idiot, looking for food. My knife was in my hand, gun in the other. A redneck came up behind me and poked me with his crossbow. Out of natural reaction, he was hit in the face. Sorry about that by the way, I don't think I ever apologized for that. Blood was now all over that dork's face. I don't know why but he still offered me a hand. He took me back to my now, family. I felt like a freak with all those beautiful eyes on me." He giggled and said, "You remember what you said?" You giggled now remembering. You both said it together now and then. "The fuck you lookin' at?" You two laughed at the word that just rolled out of your mouth. "If I didn't laugh, you would have gotten kicked out, ya know that?"

You two were pretty tiered when you had finished laughing. "Well I'm gonna turn in for the night, darling. Your welcome to stay if you want." You got up and watched Daryl's face drop. Instead of leaving, you got up and closed the curtains. You looked back to a smiling Dixon. "You really thought I would leave my baby all by yourself?" Sarcasm. He scoffed and closed his eyes embracing you in a bone crushing hug. "Night, Daryl." He rolled you on top of him. "Night, sweetheart." You went right to sleep in your best friend's arm.