Passing on the Dixon Bike

(Set at Hershel's farm in season 2)

Warning: Fluff. Ages 12+

Summary: You are helping Beth in the barn. Daryl comes along and said you need to learn how to fix a bike. While fixing it, he says he is passing the bike onto you when he dies.

"Thanks for helpin' me brush the horses. They needed it." You gave her a warm smile and continued brushing. You and Beth were brushing Nelly and Thunder. Daryl came walking in the barn with a smirk. "Hey, Y/n? You think you could give me a hand?" You looked at Beth and gave her a cheesy smile. "Go ahead. I got the horses." You happily skipped away with Daryl into the field.

His tent was far way but it was worth it. You saw the bike in the distance all taken apart. "What did you need me for?" He looked at you and smiled. "Today, you help me with the bike." You felt your heart beat faster. Daryl never let anyone touch the bike. "You are gonna' learn how to put it back together." You squealed with joy. He kneeled down and picked up a piece of metal. "You're jus' gonna watch me today. Tomorrow, you're gonna take it apart, then put it back together." You watched with amazement as he put the engine back together like it was nothin'.

He picked up a wrench and tightened some things then put it back down. Then he would pick up a screw driver and fiddle with something else. "Wow. Why do I need to learn this? I don't even have  bike." You sighed with frustration. "I know. That's the exact reason I'm teachin' you this. When I die-" You cut him off. "Daryl-" He cut you off. "No, when I die, this bike is yours." Your heart leaped out of your chest. "Really? Oh my God!" Daryl jumped up before you tackled him.

You jumped in his arms and gave him a bear hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He laughed and pulled back. "Alright, enough hugging. Back to work." You gave a long, happy sigh and sat back down on the stump. You watched with interest and thought about what you would do if that bike was yours. No thoughts came to your mind. You couldn't imagine Daryl dying but it was fun to still spend time with him. You knew that bike would never be yours.

Thank you for reading my stories! I'm sorry I haven't been posting a whole lot lately. I will try to post more if I can! Sorry for it being so short. Goodbye for now, my cuppycakes!