A Dixon with Whisky

(Set at the prison in season 4)

Warning: Some cussing. Drinking. Ages 13+

Summary: You and Daryl are really bored working the fence. Daryl mentions that he went on a run and got something special for the two of you. It is a bottle of whisky. You and him stay up all night in the guard tower, talking and drinking.

The metal crowbar in your hands were creating blisters underneath your gloves. "Daryl, can we take a break?" He set down his stick and leaned in it. "Yeah, we need one." He took the crowbar from your hand and put them away. You followed right behind him to his cell. You walked in and sat on his bed. He stood there looking awkward. "What?" He shrugged his shoulders and sat down next to you.

"I got us somin'." You looked at him with curiosity. "What is it?" Daryl stood up and walked to his bag. "You like whisky?" Your eyes lit up as you jumped up. "Love it!" He took the dark, old bottle out of the bag and set it on his night stand. "When do ya' wanna drink it?" You thought about it for a second. "Mmmm.... Tonight. When everyone goes to bed, I have the night shift. You can help me if you ask Rick." He got a small smile on his dirty face. "I'll go ask now. I will be right back." Daryl walked out of his cell. You sat there twiddling your fingers, staring at the bottle. He came running back with a wide  smile. "Tonight it is."

You and Daryl ate dinner with everyone else. You sat across the table from each other, smiling every once in awhile. Everyone was looking at you like you were crazy when you guys would bust out in laughter. Rick spoke up after you had finished your laughing fit. "Alright you two, What are you hiding? You are acting like 8 year olds that just colored on the walls." Daryl was quick to respond. A little too quick. "Nothin'. We ain't hidin' nothin'." Rick threw his hands up in defense. "Just a question." You and Daryl started with the laughing again.

"Time for bed. Daryl, Y/n, time for your shift." Daryl raced to his cell and grabbed the bottle. He ran back to the eating room where you were waiting. He opened the door and walked to the guard tower. "Drinkin' time." Just as you opened the door, Maggie and Glenn were just walking out. "Oh! Sorry for intruding." Glenn was still putting on his belt. "Nah, it's fine." You giggled and walked up the stairs. Daryl shut the door behind you and sat down in the corner. He slowly opened the whisky. "Come on! Hurry up!" He tossed you the bottle. You opened it as fast as you could and took a big gulp. It burnt your throat as it drained your mouth.

"Woah, take it easy there. Don't wanna get drunk too fast. We still got to keep watch." You slowly nodded and stood up to look over the side. Daryl stood up to fetch the bottle. He grabbed it from your hands and took a swig. He hissed at the whisky and said, "Well aged. Smooth." He passed it back to you. You waited a second for the next drink. The dark liquid scratched your throat. "Hmm." You passed it back to him and smiled.

"This is nice. It's quiet. Almost as beautiful as you, Daryl." He scoffed. "What? It's true." He giggled and took another drink. "Your a happy drunk." You laughed and said, "Daryl, I'm not drunk. I'm just truthful." He giggled and passed the bottle. "Yeah, well you are too." The butterflies were flying all over your stomach. "Really?" He smiled as you took a sip. "Just bein' truthful." By the time you had finished your shift, the whisky was gone. Daryl was passed out in the corner, snoring and drooling. "Aww, so cute." He woke up with a flinch. "We should do that again some time. Ya' know, after my hangover is gone." You giggled and walked out. "Goodbye, beautiful!" You both said at the same time. How does this redneck still give you butterflies?