Valentines from a Dixon

(Set at the prison in season 4)

Warning: Fluff. Ages 12+

Summary: You receive a note from an unknown person on your bed. It tells to go to people to get more clues. It leads you to a cell, a cell that was decorated with hearts and candy. Daryl was behind all of this. He was your secret valentine.

You were out in the garden helping Carl with his chores. "Hey, I think you should take a break. Go get some rest." You put the shovel down and looked at him with confusion. He sighed. "Just do it." You held your hands up in defense and walked to the cellblock giggling. You walked into you cell and laid down. You were going to shut your eyes but then heard crinkling from under your pillow. You turned on your stomach and lifted it up. A small piece of paper with some writing on it. You opened the letter and read it.

"Hey, I know you are probably pissed at me for being in your room but hear me out. I know your are upset for being lonely today but please don't pout. Today is all about you, so go to Beth for your next clue. I love you."

The note wasn't signed, no telling who wrote this. You shoved the note in your pocket and walked out of the cell.  Beth was at the eating area playing with Judith. "Beth. Do you have a note by any chance?" She smiled and dug into her pocket. "Yes I do. Here." She passed the note to you with a giggle. You opened to letter to see another clue. "Well, what's it say?" You read it so she could hear.

"So you made it this far. You didn't give up. You probably find this bizarre. You tiered but don't be a whining pup. For the next clue, Maggie."

You giggled along with Beth. She looked at you and gasped. "Your blushing!" You tried to cover your face. "Lets go find Maggie." She skipped ahead of you and opened the door. "Come on! We don't got all day!" You reached Maggie in the field. "Letter, please." She smiled and pulled out a crumpled letter. "Sorry, I was workin'." You laughed. "Its aright." You opened it and read the words out loud once again.

"Thanks for trying, my love. Sorry I couldn't find you a dove. I hope your cell works out just fine. I'm gonna go out on a line, and say you will be mine."

"Cell?" We all said it at the same time. "Why would I need to go to my cell?" I shrugged and started walking. "Y/n, who do you think it is?" You thought about it for a minute. "I didn't know anyone liked me. The guy I like, would never do this." You had a major crush on Daryl Dixon. No one knew, at lease you hoped no one knew. They both giggled and said, "Someone's got a crush!" You stopped and shook your head. "Small crush." They laughed and continued walking.

You walked into the cellblock and looked around. Everybody was looking at you smiling. "What?" The giggled and went back to work. "Which cell?" Everyone pointed to the long hall of cells. "Real helpful, guys." Maggie and Beth sat down next to Daryl also smiling. You started to walk but stopped when you reached the door that separated the hall and the eating area. You looked to your left and saw papers taped to the wall. You read them one by one as you walked.

Dark pink paper with blue crayon. "You know..."

Red paper with purple crayon. "I've been thinking..."

Light pink paper with green crayon. "Its valentines day..."

Light blue paper with orange crayon. "I can't..."

Purple paper with pink crayon. "Stop..."

There were no more notes left. You looked around confused. A large hand wrapped around your small waist. You gasped and jumped. You turned around and say Daryl smiling like a mad man. He finished were the cards left off. "Thinking about you." You were now smiling like a mad man. He walked you backwards into the cell with his body pressed against yours. He spun you around so your could see.

Paper hearts, colorful string, it was all so beautiful. "You did this?" He blushed and looked down. "Awww. Daryl, that's so sweet." You shoved your face into his chest. He hugged you back immediately. "Special surprise for a special lady." You smiled at the comment. He scratched the back on his neck. "I got you some candy, its probably really old though." You saw the small bowl with stale candy hearts. You shoved a mouth full in your face. "Its the thought that counts." He giggled and kissed your pink dusted mouth. "Happy valentines day, sweetheart." You pulled him in for a deeper kiss once you swallowed the candy. "Happy valentines day, Daryl."

I'm sorry it's late. I have been busy. Happy belated valentines day!