Four

Sabrina

I sat at my desk at work bored out of my damn mind. I couldn't wait to leave for New York, I need a damn break.

A break from work, and from school.

Ever since Chris saw Ronnie texting me he drops me off at school. I'm trying to figure out why he can't trust me. He's so scared of Karma biting him in the ass. I could sneeze and a random guy says 'bless you' he'd flip out. It's insane.

The bell on the front door rang, signaling that somebody was coming in. I stood up and brushed my skirt off then walked over to see what rich snob wanted to buy a painting. I've come across some of the rudest people in here. They judge before they even speak to me. Mainly because I'm young and probably because I'm black. Well half black. My favorite part is to correct them when they state a wrong fact about a painting. They just stand there dumbfounded. Art is my second language, I study art more than I do the shit I'm in college for.

But to my surprise it wasn't a rich snob, it was my annoying boyfriend.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I got out of class early so I decided to stop by and mess with you."

"Hopefully not get on my nerves?"

"Of course." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms.

"Come on, show me around." He said while grabbing my hand.

"Okay."

We started to walk around the gallery, I showed him different paintings that I loved the most.

"This one is my favorite." I pointed to a painting of a girl in a room alone. "It's so simple but I can still see the story behind it. I need this but it'll take me years to buy."

"This is a 50,000 dollar painting."

"I know."

"I still don't understand why you won't change your major."

"Because I need something that's going to put money in my pockets. I would love to study art but it's just not what I need right now. And plus I have one year left with this IT stuff. It would be crazy to start all over."

Chris put his arm over my shoulder. "One day I'll be able to buy you any painting that you want. Maybe even a studio."

I smiled while biting down on my lip.

"So what time do you get off? I wanna do something nice for you tonight?" He asked.

"I'm working a double, so I won't be home until 9." I said.

"Damn, that's 7 hours from now."

"I know but I need to stack up before we head to New York. I'm probably going to be working like crazy for the rest of the week."

"Man I can't wait for you to quit and then I can have you all to myself."

"I won't be quitting until the semester is over. I still have to pay rent at our apartment until I figure things out with you."