Twenty.Seven

Christopher

I held onto Sabrina's hand as she slept. We waited hours in the waiting room, they couldn't get her to stop bleeding. The purple bruises on her neck just stood out. There's no doubt in my mind about Ronnie doing this. He was pissed about getting jumped so he came after her.

She didn't deserve this, it's all my fault.

I should be the one laying here man. Things were going good for us and now we gotta deal with this bullshit. I know she'll be scarred forever because of this. I just want to find that stupid ass nigga and snap his fucking neck.

All I'm waiting for is, Sabrina to wake up and let me know everything that happened so I can go kill his ass.

Her room door opened and her mom, Nicki and the doctor walked in. Her mom looked like she was crying again. Nicki looked at me like somebody died. A confused looked fell over my face.

"Has she woke up since the last time I was here?" The doctor asked.

"No." I answered.

He began checking her monitors and wrote a few things down. "She should be up soon. I do have a few questions for you though."

"Me?" I pointed to myself shocked.

"Yes, you're not in trouble so don't worry." He pulled up a chair and sat next to me. "Do you and Sabrina have unprotected sex?"

"Um...yeah, why?" Questions like that make a nigga nervous as hell.

"Do you know if she was on birth control?"

"I think so, what does any of this have to do with her almost being beat to death?!"

Regina came and stood next to me and started rubbing my shoulder.

"What's wrong?" I looked up at her.

"Christopher, due to the blows to Sabrina's stomach, she suffered a miscarriage."

My eyes grew, I looked over at Sabrina then back at the doctor. "A miscarriage?!"

"So you didn't know she was pregnant?" He questioned.

"Do it look like I knew?! I thought she was on birth control, we weren't trying to have any kids right now."

"Birth control doesn't always work. This happens often."

"So not only is my girlfriend barely alive, my kid that I knew nothing about is dead?!"

"I'm sorry. I really am. I hope that you guys catch whoever is responsible for this." He said.

"So when she wakes up I have to tell her that she had a fucking miscarriage?! This is some bullshit man!" I placed my head in my hands.

"I'll help you break the news to her, I honestly don't think that's something that should be told right away, we don't want her to go into a panic attack or anything." He patted my back. "Everything will be okay."

With that, he left out. The room just stayed silent, until Nicole spoke up.

"You know what, I blame you for all of this." She said.