Thirty

Christopher

A Couple Months Later

I just got back home from my first away game and I've never been so exhausted in my life. Right after the game I had to jump on a flight and get home.

They finally caught Ronnie and now the trial is starting. Sabrina was called to testify today. I don't understand why this even has to go to trial, the cameras in the parking lot showed everything.

Sabrina shouldn't have to go through this. She's finally all the way comfortable with doing things on her own, now she has to relive that day all over again.

I walked into my house and headed upstairs. I wanted to get some more sleep before I did anything else.

When I walked in the room, Sabrina was knocked out. I stripped out my clothes, pulled the covers back and climbed on top of her. I placed soft kisses on her face and neck until her eyes opened. She smiled at me.

"Welcome home." She said.

"Thank you, I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Go back to sleep, I just wanted you to know I was here." I climbed behind her and pulled her closer to me. Next thing I know I heard light snoring and in no time I was sleep.

Later On

I woke up to an empty spot next to me and the shower running. I climbed out of bed and headed into the bathroom. I took off what I had on left and climbed in with her. My arms wrapped around her body and kissed her shoulder.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yes." She turned and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I'm perfectly fine now that you're here."

"I was miserable without you."

"Aww you don't have to be miserable. Just remember that I'll always be here when you get home, waiting."

I grabbed one of her hands and kissed it. "Now that the season is started and I don't have to worry about back to back practices and all of that, I can focus more on us a little bit. Focus more on making you happy. I wanna make sure you are satisfied since I will be on the road a lot. I don't ever want you to feel like I'm not there for you."

"Chris I won't."

"Sabrina I know eventually this is going to be hard. I just have to keep a smile on your face."

"Okay baby."

I kissed her. "I love you."

"I love you too baby."

"And as badly as I want to make love to you right now I can't because we have to leave soon."

She took a deep breath.

"Are you sure you want to do this? Because you don't have to."

"I actually do, I was summoned by his lawyer and if I don't show I'll go to jail. All I have to do is testify and then I'm done with this bullshit. I'm not even sure why I have to testify or why there's even a trial."