Fourteen

Christopher

Home sweet home.

I'm all moved into my new house and as bad as I want to be excited, I can't be. Honestly I miss my apartment.

Or should I say I miss Sabrina.

We haven't spoke since the day she moved out. She got the rest of her stuff out when I was at practice. I believe she had help because it was a lot of shit to move. Just praying she ain't have him there.

I glanced around the empty house, thinking of what to do next. I want to start decorating but I don't know where to began.

That was all going to be Sabrina's job and I know she would've had this place looking amazing.

It's crazy when you can't even function without a certain person.

That's real love.

"So, when do you plan on decorating?" Lira asked while rubbing my arm. I looked down at her hand then up at her and moved away.

"Soon."

"Will Sabrina be moving in eventually?"

"I don't know."

"You know, I can help you find furniture and everything if you want. With a house like this you can't just reuse old furniture from your apartment. That's something you toss in a basement or garage."

"Thanks but no thanks."

She shook her head while walking up to me. "I know you're a little hurt because things are over between you and your girl but look at it this way, it's her loss. She lost out in a great guy, that's good looking, that I'm sure loved her, she lost out on an amazing home. Don't let her bring you down Chris."

I just looked at her.

"I'm not letting you sit in this empty house tonight." Lira said. "Let's go celebrate your new home. We can go out to dinner. I'll pay."

Besides practice, I have been locked in the house. I guess dinner won't hurt.

"Alright cool." I said.

"I'm gonna go get dressed, you go do the same."

I nodded and she walked away. I gotta take my mind off of Sabrina or I might go crazy.

Rushing upstairs, I got in my room and started going through my clothes. I gotta hurry up and get settled in cause this shit right here ain't gone work.

After finding something simple to slip on I jumped in the shower.

It's so much space in here and I got no guts to destroy in it.

Sucks.

My shower took a while, I was too busy sitting in there thinking. And playing with the buttons on the wall. The water can shoot out all over. Ima definitely need that after practice.

I climbed out and got dressed then laid back on my bed until I heard my front door open.

I gotta get those spare keys from her. She can't just be walking up in my crib.