Five

Christopher

New York, New York

The truck that the league provided for me and my family stopped in front of the Ritz Carlton. In 24 hours my life will change drastically. I won't be just this regular guy from Crenshaw, I'll be an NBA player. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all of this.

It still feels like a dream.

After helping my mom and Sabrina out the car, me, my brother and stepdad started grabbing our things out the trunk.

"Chris go get checked in, we'll grab your things." My dad said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, you and Sabrina go ahead."

I grabbed her hand and we went inside the hotel.

"Christopher Brown." Someone called.

I stopped and quickly looked around. A white guy walked towards me with his hand extended. I just looked at him confused.

"My name is Michael Randolph, I'm a sports manager."

I grabbed his hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Same here. Now you've been the talk of the town all day. Many teams are fighting to have you play on their court. A man like you is going to need someone that will make you the star that you meant to be. Now I currently manage Kyrie, Jimmy Butler, Paul George just to name a few and I'd really love to add you to my roster." He handed me his card. "How long are you in town?"

"Just for the weekend."

"Well after the draft lets meet up for a little bit and go over some things."

"Sure."

"I'll have my assistant call you later to set something. I know a legend when I see one." He patted my shoulder and walked away.

"Make sure you Google his ass and make sure he's really who he says he is." Sabrina said.

I laughed while smacking her ass. "Let's get checked in."

After getting everybody's room key we went upstairs to get settled in.

"A beeeed, oh my gosh I am exhausted." Sabrina said.

"You don't want to go explore the city with me?"

"Can we do that in like an hour. I do wanna go shopping."

"Oh boy."

"How can you come to New York and not go shopping?"

"You just got a shopping problem." I sat on the bed and pulled her on my lap.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

"Very. This is huge and I can't believe it's really happening."

"I'm so excited for you baby." She kissed me cheek.

"Thank you and I'm happy that I get to share this moment with you."

We kissed again she climbed off my lap and walked out into the living room, I laid on my back and pulled my phone out my pocket. I text Michael to see if landed yet.