Twenty.Eight

Sabrina

Standing in the bathroom, I stared at the bruises that were slowly disappearing on my neck.

I got out the hospital three days ago and Chris keeps me locked up in his house. Even though I don't mind because I don't want to be seen but his first game is tomorrow night and I can't miss this. I'll do whatever I have to, just to go.

Running my fingers over the bruises, my eyes started to cloud up. The doctor said if he would've grabbed me any harder, my neck would've snapped.

Some days, I wish it would've.

Every night, when I close my eyes that day replays in my head or I'm having nightmares about the baby.

Jealousy and rejection can become very dangerous.

Why did he have to do this to me? Stalked me, beat me, then killed my child. The scary thing is, the police can't find him. What if he comes back to finish the job? What if he hurts Chris next?

All these things ran through my head.

What can I do to keep the people I love safe? Should I buy a gun, what should I do?

I swear I just wanted to scream because I'm so hurt and angry. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

As my mind wondered, somebody grabbed my waist causing me to gasp.

"It's me baby, relax." Chris spoke into my ear."

Grabbing my chest I held onto the sink. 

"Relax, I didn't mean to scare you, I thought you heard me come in." He said.

I shook my head no.

"I'm sorry." He kissed my shoulder then turned me around and hugged me. "You okay?"

"Yes."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm okay."

"Let's go downstairs, I brought some food."

I nodded and he grabbed my hand and led me downstairs. When we got to the kitchen, he placed me on the counter then got our food out.

"So your game is tomorrow. You ready?" I asked.

"Yeah, nervous but I'm ready."

"I can't wait to see you play."

"Sabrina you don-."

"I talked to your mom earlier, she said their flight lands at 6. I was gonna go pick them up from the airport."

"I got it baby."

"No, you need some rest and I need to go outside, I've been locked inside of a house or a hospital for too long."

"You crazy if you think I'll let you go alone."

"Chris don't, one day I'll have to leave out this house by myself. You can't protect me forever. What about the days when you're in another state? Am I supposed to stay here until you come home? I love the fact that you want to keep me safe, but baby I'll be fine."