Seventeen

Christopher

I sat on the back of my couch and watched as decorators and caterers walked in and out my door for this party. To be honest I wanted to cancel this shit, I'm not in the mood to have a bunch of people in my face. I'd rather be in my room, in the dark, playing my game.

My relationship is really over.

Everything we went through was for nothing. Her coming back from D.C. was for nothing. Me trying to be a better man, was for nothing.

"Why you just sitting here, you should be getting ready for the party?" Lira said walking into the house with shopping bags.

I rolled my eyes while shaking my head. "What's all that?"

"I need options for tonight. You need to be upstairs getting dressed."

"I really don't know if I wanna have this housewarming. I'm not in the mood."

She sucked her teeth. "Why Chris? Because of your ex?! You dumped her, why the fuck are you sitting around so sad."

"Because that was the dumbest decision I've ever made."

"It's not, she's a liar, a gold digger, and you're better off without her."

She got some nerve calling somebody a gold digger.

"Today is going to be so fun and it's all about you. Let's get super drunk and have sex all night." She started kissing my neck. Crazy thing is I wasn't even feeling no type of way.

"I think Ima go get in the shower." I pushed her back and made my way upstairs.

After grabbing my towel I headed into the bathroom. I cut on the shower and sat on the counter. Unlocking my phone I went to Sabrina's contact and hit the phone button.

Even though things aren't the best between us, I still want her to be here tonight.

The phone rung and rung then went straight to her voicemail. I took a deep breath and leaned back on the mirror. I know she's tired of me. One minute I'm trying to be cool and the next I'm down her throat about something.

I guess I'm this way because I'm just hurt still. Like I wanna be with her, she's who my heart belongs to but then again I don't. My season starts soon and I'll be all over the country. So things are really going to be hard and I don't know if she can handle that.

Maybe Sabrina isn't cut out for this life. I know it's not something you adapt to over night though.

I just gotta let this image of us being together go. I'll just be single for a long ass time cause she's not somebody Ima get over anytime soon.

Taking a deep breath I climbed off the counter and started getting undressed, then I climbed into the shower. Guess I'll try to enjoy myself tonight. It'll keep my mind off of everything else.

Later On

After sitting in my room for a few hours once I got dressed, I finally came downstairs. Lira kept banging on my door too and I could tell she was drunk already.

It was fucking packed in here. A lot of these people I didn't even know but it seemed like Lira did. This party was her decision anyway.