𝔱 𝔴 𝔬

Once that elf was gone I went back to what I was doing and got some roots, leaves, even barks and flowers.

And when I was done with that process, I went back to the wall and grabbed my bag, wood and some berries from that bush.

I once again set up like I always do - like yesterday - and started sorting through my herbs.

Rosemary, peppermint, sage, Lavender, thyme, chamomile, pot marigold, echinacea, comfrey, broadleaf plantain, great mullein.

Come to think of it, the reason I probably need to re-stock every once in a while is because I suck at planning ahead. I choose random amounts of supplies.

Laughing quietly to myself, I start putting my herbs into my left-side pockets.

I heard shuffling leaves but my extended sight and hearing didn't pick up a danger.

Taking off my hood and mask, I leaned up with my eyes closed and mouth open. The moonlight hit me perfectly and it made me calm.

I once again heard a noise and looking closer into with my hearing, I found there was something now.

Growling in my mind, I put my mask and hood back on. I leaned against the tree and waited for them to come because they were already heading this way. I closed my eyes.

"Miss, what are you doing out here and not in your home? What is your business?"

"What's your business?" I retorted.

"Ma'am I must escort you back inside the walls."

"Escort yourself, I'm good." I waved him off, still keeping my eyes shut.

"Ma'am, are you aware of the dangers out here? You either go inside the walls or I take you."

"Don't call me 'ma'am.' I'm very aware of the danger but not scared of it or anything. I like it out here and dragging me in is your risk."

I finally opened my eyes and looked at him, turning to where he stood. He wore armor and a helmet, blocking his appearance from my sharp eyes.

"Guard?"

He nodded but it didn't fit.

"Don't think so."

He chuckled and looked down for a second then back up. "Pardon?"

"I don't think you're a guard."

He shrugged. "And if I'm not? How could you tell?"

I tilted my head. "Perfect posture, for one. Your walk is neat as well as your speech, and I guarantee so is your etiquette. You're not a guard. If anything, you're a prince. Aaron is it?"

He stood there looking at me for a minute. "H-how. . . ?"

I shrugged. "Everything I know, I've taught myself. I've learned to read people to a very extensive rate, and I've met you before so it's even easier. We met at the market earlier."

He nodded and hesitatingly took off his helmet. I looked away to a small rabbit hopping around and heard him sit at another tree only a few feet away.

When I looked back I could only look for a second before blushing and turning away. His black hair laid perfectly, and his chocolate eyes seemed to glow and reflect with the moon and trees. I stopped my blush and looked back over only to stare at the scene of the stars and moon in the eyes of the prince before me.

"Right well, let me guess about you," he said and shocked me from my stare.

"Ok, good luck."

"Mysterious." I nodded. I like that. "Secretive. . . Big family, never noticed you. And you don't let anyone in."