𝔰 𝔦 𝔵 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫

ѕυяρяιѕє! ιм υρℓσα∂ιиg αgαιи! нσℓу нєℓℓ нανє ι мιѕѕє∂ ωяιтʝиg αи∂ ρσѕтιиg -- αи∂ α ѕ¢нє∂υℓє ιѕ fιиαℓℓу ρσѕѕιвℓє αgαιи, вυт иσт ρяσмιѕє∂. ℓσνє уα'ℓℓ ωєιя∂σѕ!
⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽

Something is going to happen.

Something is off.

Something was definitely wrong.

Similar to the uneasiness I had when Emmalyn was bitten, I felt a danger in the air, but. . . it was somehow different.

This was more specific. It was a danger to someone, but I had no clue who.

I know that ignoring my instincts can turn out to be deleterious, but I did anyways and continued writing some songs, laying around, and reading studies Emmalyn suggested. Most of them were on Falcon Claw's history, including original buildings, families, and jobs which helped in its construction.

On the surface it was boring, but I have a habit of reading between the lines and piecing things together.

I was sipping mint tea and reading about how the Lycan family came into power when there was a knock at the door. Setting the wooden cup carefully on the floor so it wouldn't spill and stain the papers, I stood to answer it.

Once I did, I came face to face with Garroth and Laurance doing their daily rounds.

"Hey, boys," I began. "What's up today, anything interesting?"

Laurance smirked at the term "boys," allowing Garroth to answer for both of them. "Not really."

Laurance's face lit up in sudden memory. "Y'know, there was something actually. . ." He trailed off, making me tense slightly.

What happened? Was it because I didn't go outside? Because I ignored my gut?

"You're staying inside!" he faked a surprised expression and I relaxed, staring at him in annoyance.

"Gee, I totally didn't know that. Thanks for the info."

Garroth's eyes narrowed at my uneasiness. "You alright?"

I hesitated before shaking my head, deciding honesty would be best considering last time's turn out wasn't optimal. "I'm. . . uneasy, I guess."

"How uneasy?"

I gave him a look. "Same as the other day when the vampire horde attacked, and all of you," I pointed an accusatory finger at the pair, "told me everything was fine."

Their postures soon mirrored mine, with tense shoulders and stiff backs.

"Want us to tell Aaron? Maybe he could come by," Laurance suggested with a gesture to the castle.

I agreed with a lazy shrug, resuming with my tea once they were gone.

The uncomfortable feeling in my gut didn't improve, so I paced around the whole house to do something - anything - so I wouldn't lay around.

After a minute of this, I was pacing over to the books and papers to both cleanup and indulge my curiosity, when I nearly tripped on a relatively large leather-bound book.

My songbook had pages on pages of ink-written lyrics, music sheets I created or copied, and new or unfinished songs. It always smelled like wood-smoke, as my favorite time to write was sundown and it was used mostly when I traveled between supply runs. I always had to make and put out my own fires.