𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱

тωσ ωєєкѕ •

"I can't believe I'm letting you do this."

"Just don't peek and keep walking," he teased, making me scoff.

He was standing behind me to the side a bit, with his right hand over my eyes and other one holding my hand to guide me to wherever he had in mind.

"Are we there yet?" I whined, almost like a child though I didn't pout - even if I wanted to. No way am I going to act like a child in public.

Aaron and I hadn't talked about what happened, but the past few days he has been helping me. I've gone out on walks with him a bit, and he took his time - showing me where different parts of the city were, important families - or kind ones I could get along with, and vise versa.

Although some was kind of useless. Why would I have to ask someone about their day, everyday, when I don't even care?

He just laughed.

The ground beneath by left foot felt even, but where I was about to step my right foot, I didn't feel the ground below at the same point as the other.

I stepped over the hole, halting us for barely a second.

Aaron laughed quietly. "You sure are somethin.'"

Ever since he first took my hand and covered my eyes, I'd been blushing and that didn't help but I played it off with a joke.

I just hope he doesn't feel how hot my cheeks are. Especially after every time his hand shifts in mine, or his arm or side brushes mine.

"Is that good or bad?"

He clicked his tongue, and my eyes continued to flick around the darkness of his hand blocking the light. "Bit of both, really."

I looked at him from the side, leaning away a bit, but I was still blinded. "Oh really?"

"Yep."

I considered. "Actually - that's fair."

He laughed and I followed.

We stopped. "We're here."

"Finally," I breathed.

"What, you tired?"

"Not in a hundred years."

"Are your feet hurting then? You're always wearing heels."

I scoffed. "Touché, but no." I shrugged. "Nothing really hurts me much."

"Well, then let's show you before it starts hurting."

"Ha! Again, that'll take like-"

My words halted as he took his hand away from my eyes, allowing me to see the house in front of me.

It was wooden and cobblestone, and it was one story. There were small windows with shutters on the walls, surrounded by trees and bushes, and flowers and vines. It was stunning to me, even more than the castle.

I was so caught up in looking at the house, that I hadn't asked why we were here - or noticed that we were still holding hands.

I'm guessing he noticed too, but instead of taking his hand away, he readjusted it and held mine tighter.

"Why'd you take me here?" My eyebrows knotted together.

"You'll see," was his mysterious response, as well as the wiggle of his eyebrow and smile.