𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫

When we reached the wall, I took a deep breath as I stood still. I knew what was coming and I wasn't sure if I was prepared.

Aaron's hand touched my shoulder and we smiled at each other, his encouragement giving me the confidence I needed.

We entered the quad, and I knew instantly that I wasn't prepared.

The guards immediately pulled their swords, guarding children and villagers.

Zoey had been talking to explain things and calm them down but when weapons were pulled she yelled at them to stop and wait.

"Your highness back away!"

I tried to walk away, but Aaron grabbed my arm.

"No." He said sternly, standing his ground and showing very quickly where he stood to his guards. And he turned to me next. Whispering it again.

I looked at the floor, knowing what he meant. I couldn't leave, and I couldn't hide.

I retracted my fangs as we stepped foreword but the noise caught his attention.

He gave me a "really?" face and I shrugged innocently.

He crossed his arms. "No."

"Yes." I crossed my arms defiantly, staring him in the eye.

"Stop retracting them."

"No," I looked away.

"Fine."

I made the mistake of loosening up a bit and he quickly tickled my sides, making me jump and shout, my fangs coming out. (Which scared everyone else but made Zoey laugh and Aaron smirk in triumph as I backed away a bit.)

I groaned. "Really!"

"Aphmau, I didn't know you were ticklish!" Zoey laughed.

I still leaned over my knees, but pointed at her and grudgingly replied. "Shut up!"

She giggled again and I lifted my head, throwing it up and groaning.

When I looked back, I still saw everyone confused, uncomfortable and with their guard up.

I threw my hands in the air. "I'm not gonna hurt anyone! Don't you think if I was going to, I would have done it by now?" I reasoned.

They looked wary, but slowly put their weapons away.

"Aphmau can probably answer questions anyone has," Zoey stated, and rebelling against the protests from guards for her to stay with them to come over by Aaron and I.

I'm shocked they didn't forcibly hold her or him back like they should do with their job, but with confusion in the air they didn't know what to really do with me I suppose.

The people who had followed us to the woods stood on the sides and beside us.

I was about to nod, when I noticed the horizon turning pink. Shit.

Turning to the side, I walked over to one of the trees in the plaza and sat underneath it.

"I'll answer 'em over here."

Everyone was hesitant but very slowly filed closer and sat around me and the shade of the tree as Aaron and Zoey followed without an issue. I had at least 2-3 feet of free space like there was a bubble around me no one could pop.

Some stayed where they had been - still frightened of me.

I kept my mouth and legs shut, and tapped my fingers while I waited for a question. I looked at Zoey and she shrugged at the awkward silence.