𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢

• тняєє ωєєкѕ •

"I've already sold or lent out 7 books today! I have a feeling this is going to be a great day!"

I smiled sadly under my mask and my brow furrowed, but I nodded for Emmalyn's sake.

I felt the opposite - I felt like today was going to be terrible.

Walking to the tree, I leaned against it and slid down to a sitting position.

"What's up?" Garroth asked kindly as he and Laurence sat beside me, putting me in the middle.

"I feel like something very bad is going to happen today."

They looked around. "Seems fine to me."

"The eye of the storm. . ."

Laurence rolled his eyes. They were on a break and had their helmets off. "Relax. You're probably paranoid because you're new."

I didn't think so. "Yeah, paranoid.

"I'm going on a walk."

Getting up, I left the two guards and skipped up the stairs to the higher street level. It was busy, but everyone was smiling. Normal here, but am I the only one who feels the impending danger that was just suddenly in the air this morning?

Is it because I'm a vampire?

I eventually made it to my house and just sat on my front step. What should I do? Everyone is just going to think I'm paranoid.

"Hey, Aphmau."

Looking up, I noticed Aaron, and he smiled at me. "How are you today?"

I shrugged, cupping my face with my elbows leaning on my knees. "I don't know, I think today is going to be awful."

He considered, but stopped himself from saying anything.

"You think I'm paranoid too." I dropped my hands and readjusted my legs.

"I don't think you're paranoid - just. . ." He thought for a moment. "You're new, and maybe you're not used to it, so you don't know what to expect."

"Maybe," I shook my head. "But I know this: my gut feeling is rarely wrong. Yeah, I'm new and I don't know what's going on or how to deal with it, but it's not that. It's like, I feel like," I threw up a frustrated hand and took off my hood, taking my fingers through my hair. There was shade around my house a bit so I could relax more.

"Never mind." I got up and made my way on a walk through town.

Of course, I ended up where I always do: the marketplace.

I was on the upper level, and I stayed there, looking down on everyone bustling for new products or ones they know they can trust and talking to friends and neighbors.

A dark movement from the hole of the wall shocked my senses awake and I looked over sharply to the brushes.

It moved again, and I saw the form of a person running away from my sight.

I sprinted down the stairs and it the wall, catching the movement in my sight and following it.

Why have they never fixed that!

They went over a log with a hop, and I repeated, quickly ducking under the following branch which they hadn't noticed and had slowed them a bit before sprinting again.

I'm not sure how long I ran, but it was a few miles on human speed before I lost them and slowed to a stop.

My eyes shut, concentrating on my senses but I didn't see anything.