𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯

•19 ωєєкѕ, fσυя ∂αуѕ•

Wow. I can't believe that just happened.

We were back to training outside, and I just began sparring with Malachi a few minutes ago. One-on-one.

Starting simple, both of us wielded long bamboo sticks imported from Bright Port. They were a somewhat favorite of mine.

"Go!"

I went to hit on his right, and he blocked on the same side. Then left, and he blocked again. Right. Right. Left. Left. Down. Down. Up.

In a sudden and quick move, I used my speed to appear behind him and went to hit above his head.

He blocked.

It wasn't last minute, either. Malachi expected my blow and didn't falter.

"Good job," I congratulated. He smiled with pride, and I took the sticks over to their rightful place, grabbing instead some steel knives.

I passed one blade to Malachi and while he didn't hesitate, he did look at it in question. I smiled. "Don't be afraid to cut me. I'll try my best not to cut you, but if I do, you always have the option of my blood," I motioned to my arm with the blade, tapping the vein of my wrist.

He shook his head. "Don't go easy."

"You sure?"

Shaking his head again, I saw that he truly wasn't scared of injury. Good guard.

Nodding, we got into position and he made the first move.

Malachi charged forward, fast for a human but not for me. I blocked his first, going to hit his inner elbow next. He blocked that, too. Damn.

Maybe I was teaching this kid too well.

He went to hit again, managing to actually cut my hand when I went to guard myself. I healed quickly, as my recent blood intake guaranteed.

Kicking it up a notch, I went a little faster and when I went to hit again, I landed a cut on his inner arm. It seems that he didn't feel it, as he only got quicker.

We continued going back and forth, both landing a few minor injuries.

I went to block a hit from the brunet, but we hit knife-on-knife and he fumbled for his. I dropped mine while he caught his, but did away with it fast when I nearly landed a bit to his head.

Next was my leg, aiming for a hit to his side with my shin. Malachi is always better than I expect.

He grabbed me quicker than I could pull away and quicker than I thought to use my vampiric skill, so he took the chance and threw me to the side. We'd also been working on strength training, but I was still shocked at how easily he could throw me. Not that I'm heavy. . . or tall. . . or anything that would make it hard for me to be lifted.

Attempting to get up was difficult, and I fell again quickly.

My arm was pinned to the stone, and a knife to my throat. The blade cut into my jugular, blood welling at the tip. The skin healed, then broke, healed again, repeat.