𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔦 𝔵

• тωєиту ωєєкѕ, fσυя ∂αуѕ •

"We did black and purple last time, so let's switch it up a bit!"

I smiled at Cadenza's optimism and gave her full domain of my hands. She was like a kid in a candy shop.

Zoey was allowing Kawaii~Chan to paint her nails, already slightly bothered with her choice of pinks. Zoey was rustic in style but always to something new. However, this was a stretch.

She kept quiet all the same, glancing between my nails and her own every once in a while.

Cadenza elected for a tan color that matched my skin tone, making my nails look nude more than anything else.

I watched the slow brushstrokes of white at the base of my nail, noting the formula. It was improved since last time when we had the issue of smearing and blotching. Now, the liquid stayed in its place where she put it.

"How'd you improve the formula?"

The fiery red-head gave me a look. "Don't change the subject."

"Subject?" I asked, looking over at Zoey and a giggling Kawaii~Chan. "What subject?"

The elf smirked at my oblivion. "You were off in your own world again. I asked how your relationship was going."

"I'm not in a relationship," I retorted.

The small brush was put down for a minute, allowing my manicurist to swallow a laugh. She bit her tongue before going back to work, while KC continued smiling brightly at the topic.

"Sure, Aphmau. Then who have you been spending time with?"

Zoey damn well knew who, and why, and what was currently happening inside me, so I glared at her. She simply bounced her eyebrows. "Don't worry, I didn't say anything."

"What!" Both girls shouted.

Now it was my turn to laugh, which I quickly smothered with the glass of water beside me.

"Yeah. . . but he did say something about you not lasting long?"

I spit the water, making Cadenza cringe when some stuck to her bangs. I was too shocked to offer an apology, and instead stated at Zoey.

"What. . ."

She retained her smirk. "I may have forced it out of him. Took some time," she wiggled her nose and I wasn't anymore at a loss for words.

"Look, okay, its not my fault — as someone who has lived twenty six years without love of any kind, you can't blame me for losing myself in. . . feelings."

"Sexual feelings?" She cooed. Kawaii~Chan giggled.

"Yes."

"What about romantic feelings?" Cadenza teased. I rolled my eyes, but couldn't hide the blood rushing to my cheeks.

"Ooh! Someone is in looove!"

My nails were very quickly interesting.

"I've only slept with him twice!" I defended. "And it was two months apart, anyway!"

"That means you've only ever had sex twice, Aphmau. And that isn't all that love is."

I didn't comment on that. I knew she was right. Plus, the second time I slept with Aaron was because we hadn't been able to hang out for a week. . . and we got a little carried away making up for lost time.

"Have you said 'I love you,' yet?"

Shaking my head, I avoided everyone's eyes and focused back on the nail formula. There had to be a compatible fiber in them to compliment the protein in our nails. . . maybe a dried plant powder?

My mind continued wandering about through the process, but it always stopped with a certain royal prince of Falcon Claw.

"Our paths are different, I know that. I'm not stupid."

After I slept with Aaron the second time. . . we talked for hours. Like I said, we got a little carried away. . . and it was still relatively early in the day.

"I have a future without trust. You have a future of the throne."

After sunset, after the playful arguments we so often find ourselves in, we had talked about. . . us. We've never done that before, and we've never mentioned the future other than my classes and special kingdom-wide events.

"Aaron?"

I tuned into his soft palm and calloused fingertips, now rubbing up and down my arm. We laid in bed comfortably, and I felt him barely moving. Something told me he was probably still in the same position he was in a few minutes ago. Eyes closed, laying on the pillows, smiling.

The only thing I managed to say before falling asleep was, "I don't want to fall apart. . ."

That was basically my way of telling him how I felt. . . He never said it back.

⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽
αfтєя тнιѕ, σиℓу fσυя ¢нαρтєяѕ ℓєfт.
Word count: 758