𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢

• тωєиту-тняєє ωєєкѕ, тняєє ∂αуѕ •

The last few weeks have been uneventful (primarily the most recent), but not boring. I've been busy and always with someone or a few someones.

Aaron visited yesterday for a quick five minutes, extending an invitation for me to join him at dinner with his family.

I'm guessing that refusing could be considered treason, but it's also just plain rude. I gladly agreed and discovered that Cadenza has psychic powers, because she came over ten minutes later with a measuring tape and fabric.

I refused anything extravagant, but I allowed color and a long length. In the end, she decided on a blue to match Falcon Claw's crest with thin spaghetti-like straps on my shoulders and back. It stretched to the floor, no leg slit unlike the last dress, but with a scoop neckline that left most to the imagination. It was also soft.

From the second I arrived at the castle, it became a busy night. Half stressful, but also half fun.

First was dinner in the dining hall, and Aaron's father, who has told me many times to call him Derek, apologized for the long table that was unoccupied other than us five.

I didn't care, and I made sure he knew that. After all, I grew up with silent meals and countless excuses to get out of them. Plus, this dinner was all but silent.

I crossed my electrified eyes, sticking my tongue up to my nose and listening with glee as Melissa laughed.

"Aphmau, your eyes are beautiful," Rachel commented when I returned my face to a smiling display. The king and queen really do want me to refer to them by their first names, so I gave in an hour ago. Rachel was Aaron's mother, and Derek was his father.

"Well, my eyes are purple because I'm royal, but most vampires have red, which you probably already know."

She smiled. "No, sweetheart, that's not what I meant. Your eyes are beautiful, both in their natural and their—" she motioned to her irises "—other one."

I seriously need to fix this blushing habit, I thought. My cheeks were warm and I looked down at my dinner plate to hide my embarrassment. I wasn't embarrassed so much as I was happy, though. "Thank you."

Aaron caught on to my uneasiness with his mother's comment and piped up to help without making it worse. "Mom."

"Son."

Giggling, I enjoyed the open air of this happy family. It was unlike anything I've felt before Falcon Claw, but I can feel myself slowly getting used to it. If only I could have this bond with my own family.

"Speaking of normal vampires, are there others like you? That don't hurt other people?"

"Oh, definitely," I responded in an instant. There was no doubt about it, I wasn't alone in that department. "You just have to know what and who to look for."

After a lovely dinner of chicken and side dishes, Melissa suggested that we move to the ballroom. Well. . . suggested is a bit of an understatement. It was more of a demand.

When the doors opened, Melissa was immediately running around and spinning in circles on the heels of her feet. Her reflection sparkled and swam in the marble floor beneath her.

"Wee!" She squealed.

A violinist appeared after a minute, and with a nod from the king, he began playing.

Aaron grabbed my hand, urging me to the dance floor. "Aaron! No! You know I don't dance!"

I was strong enough to pull away, but I couldn't bring myself to put space between us.

Melissa joined the fray, pulling my other hand. Her face contorted with concentration and I feigned a strain, laughing as I fell toward the two siblings. She lit up with a prideful smile.

The three of us danced in circles to the now quick-paced music for what felt like hours but was probably only ten minutes in reality.

Rachel and Derek watched from the corner happily, smiling brightly when Aaron twirled Melissa and me at the same time. We both giggled.

I noticed Aaron's mother pointing me out to his father, somewhere near my torso before smiling and leaning against him. The look in her eyes was one of eternal love, a lifelong emotion that wouldn't fade. Or maybe it was a relationship reflecting in her eyes.

Looking at Aaron again, I found him looking up at the same moment. Our eyes met and we continued smiling and laughing with his little sister. I loved the look in his eyes.

If only it weren't for what was to come for us. . .

⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽
иσт єχα¢тℓу нσω ι
ωαитє∂ тнιѕ, вυт ιтѕ σкαу.
Word Count: 787