𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔦 𝔳 𝔢

•тωєиту ωєєкѕ, тняєє ∂αуѕ•

I brushed my fingertips over his chest, smiling at the warmth that bled from his skin.

As a vampire, I don't need to be near his chest to hear his heartbeat, but I loved feeling the rhythm reverberate through his blood. It was a pure example of life.

Aaron watched me trace circles on his pec and rubbed his thumb over the dip of my back while I continued our argument.

"I'm not that short! If anything I'm average height, and I wear heels so that basically makes me above average!"

"Whatever you say, your highness."

Glaring up at him, I watched him smirk to hide a laugh before diverting my attention to his skin and tracing the muscles of his defined chest and abdomen. I knew them by heart, thanks to my combat history, and recited them mentally to myself. Teres. . . pectoralis. . . latissimus. . . serratus. . . oblique. . .

After a minute of this, I couldn't help it and moved to lay my head over his heart where my hand had just been.

Come to think of it, I've been doing that a lot.

Not the sex, but listening to his heartbeat. Every hug, every spare moment we had together, I fell into the repetitive sound. Maybe I still haven't convinced myself this was real yet.

I felt his laugh bounce through his chest when he gave up holding it in and found myself kissing skin below my lips. His flesh went cold for a second, shivering at my flutter of a touch.

His fingertips went to tracing my bare hip and thigh and I returned the favor by curling my hand over his chest, leaving red tracks behind in the wake of my nails. Similar marks lined his ribs. And his spine.

There was a moment of silence while I listened to his breathing and tried to match it to my own.

"You know. . . you don't last long."

I could hear a slight smile in his voice, so I looked up at him. He saw my confusion. "With what?" I chuckled.

Aaron looked at my face quickly, then moved his eyes down, pointing out our skin-on-skin contact.

Following his sight, I eyed the bone of my hip and space of my cleavage. Nothing could be seen past my waist (or his) and my chest was hidden beneath me, but there were definitely curves and lines from both of our bodies that didn't do well to hide our last half hour.

I turned back to him in shock, not able to suppress my smile. "Excuse me?"

"It's true," he retorted, a teasing smirk still stretching the corner of his lips. I was starting to know them well.

"That wasn't me denying it, that was you pointing it out and now I'm going to kick your ass for it."

He hummed, "Mm. Not if I do. . . — this!"

I yelped quickly as his calloused fingers brushed my stomach with quick moments. I forgot for a moment that we were supposed to be quiet so nobody knew we were together. Alone. In his bedroom. In the middle of the afternoon.

My laughing grew breathless in the span of five seconds as his hands tickled my sides. The prince's lips followed, leaving teasingly fluttering kisses along my jaw and throat.

Joy filled my chest but the rest of my body was still aching from our recent physical activity, which was made worse thanks to Aaron's current actions.

After a few minutes he stopped and laughed as I tried to catch my breath.

My hands found his shoulders and I held them there weakly as he hugged me close to him for bodily support. The movement from trying to escape his skilled hands caused us to turn ninety degrees sideways, explaining why my head rolled off the side of his bed. It was the same side I laid on the first time I woke up next to him.

The blanket no longer covered us, his body pressed against mine. It was a welcome sense that reminded me again of our first time. Everything went back to that time. The night of kisses on my throat and fingers tracing my spine. The night of pleasure in the sheets. . . and a happiness unlike I've ever felt when I woke up to find him still there, tracing words on my back that nobody has ever said to me.

The night he got me pregnant.

At the thought of the growing fetus in my womb, my thoughts sobered and I leaned back to see the lovely face of the man on top of me. His handsomeness never ceases to please me.

I should tell him. It's his child, he deserves to know.

Would he really be there like Zoey said? She could be lying. He could have used my anxiety to get in my pants—

Am I just a bad judge of character? After all. . . I believed my mom when she told me she loved me. When she said she wouldn't let anyone hurt me ever again. . . She lied. Based on my past experiences, I've found that people love lying to me.

Thank god Aaron hasn't said he loves me. I couldn't take a lie that powerful. Especially when I'm falling for him this hard, this fast.

Still. . . even if he doesn't love our child like I already do — if he turns out to be a parent like mine. . . It's his kid. He has the choice to stay. . . Or force me to leave.

Of course, he'll find out eventually. . . there's no rush.

Aaron's brow pinched and his smile turned to concern. "What?" He whispered.

His gentle tone woke me up from such spiraling thoughts. I hadn't noticed the saddening warp of my face, or the ache in my soul until he cradled my face in his hand. That look in his eyes. . . worry, concern. . . he seems to care now, and that's all that matters. His actions are talking for him in place of words. . . maybe I should just let mine do the same for a while.

I took another look at his features, glancing over them multiple times and constantly finding his eyes and bare skin under my gaze.

Shaking my head, I planted a small kiss on his shoulder, grazing my teeth over his warm skin before backing away to see him again.

His spine chilled, moving his back even though he tried to hide it. If I had such an effect on him right now, what's the harm in tomorrow?

Don't answer that, I told my subconscious sternly.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

Our lips locked together once more and I smiled into it, wrapping my arms around his broad torso as I felt the burn of the late sunset hit my feet.

I could barely feel it. I was too caught up in the feeling of him.

⠎⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽
σкαу. . . ι нανє тσ α∂мιт. ιм яєqℓℓу fяι¢кιи ρяσυ∂ σf тнιѕ ¢нαρтєя.
Word count: 1160