𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔬 𝔫 𝔢

• eight weeks, five days •

Aaron's father gave me more insight when we got a second alone. He wanted me to teach some of the younger recruits of the Guard Academy what I knew about fighting, and I accepted the offer.

It was my first day training. Today was men.

The sky above me was dark, the sun setting only a few minutes ago.

I wore something more simple and mobile and made my way to the Academy courtyard. My upper half was adorned with a loose shirt over a sports bra, and I paired those with leggings and combat boots. Rather than gloves, I had wrapped my fists in bandage.

Walking down the long stairs, I began speaking.

The students were all sitting around and polishing swords and armor.

"First of all, I want to thank all for you for," I motioned around the lantern-lit courtyard as I came to a stop in the front of everyone. "Coming out at night so I can be more helpful."

They all scrambled to their feet, and lined up orderly, before sitting back down for the first part of the lesson. Most of them wore simple clothes that allowed them the movement, while some wore guard armor.

"If the armor is comfortable for you, you can wear it, but you won't be needing it so you can take it off if you wish."

The ones that wore armor all filed over to the stands and put the metal pieces in their respective places.

"Ok, so first. Let me tell you some things you will need to know about vampires. You've already learned a lot, but you haven't learned all the secrets they have - especially from a vampire," I motioned to myself with a smile, and noticed that they all seemed tense.

I looked around for a second and found a stand of swords and knives.

Grabbing a dagger, I walked back in front of them and made a slit along my wrist and arm.

I showed it to them and they stared in wonder. I guessed that they had heard rumors of my healing and had questioned the truth of it. As it healed in front of them, I spoke up again.

"I was born with this ability. Most vampires cannot do this, cannot heal like this. But I know that some guards and servants in the castle, have taken royal blood or adapted to pain and can heal faster. Not my speed, but faster than they could before."

I dropped my hand and placed the dagger on the floor.

"They fear fire. Don't ask me why  they just do," I shrugged. "You've been told that it has to be a big amount. It doesn't. Of course, it has to be bigger than a match, but even lighting a stick on fire will scare them. Because it has the ability to spread.

"Vampires also have increased senses and endurance. We're faster, stronger, and have longer resistance and endurance.

"I have it more than the normal vampire, being royal," I smirked, kicked my hip out and crossed my arms.

"Which is why you'll be fighting me."

Everyone exchanged looks and whispers.

"No, I will not kill you. If you get injured, I will heal you as well, but if you can beat me then you can beat any vampire."

"What if we can't beat you!" Someone from the crowd shouted, earning similar responses in others.

"You can. Trust me, not even I'm invincible."

A few looked confused, so I explained.

"For example. If a weapon is dipped or enchanted with a certain venom and I'm injured by it, it will act like I'm being injured as a human. Once the wound is cleaned, it heals at a human rate, the rate you all know.