𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱

• тωєиту-тωσ ωєєкѕ •

"So, Aphmau, is it alright to ask about your tattoos?"

I nodded, allowing the king to continue. Aaron, Melissa, their parents, and I sat in the ballroom. The rulers of Falcon Claw sat on stools across from Aaron and me while Melissa playfully bounced between everyone.

The gardens didn't get fully finished last week, but they were finished a few days ago and now the ballroom was fully open to the blooming gardens. It was quite popular, and we had all decided to rest inside so I could relax without my cloak and gloves. Well, they decided. I didn't care.

"Do they all have importance to you?"

I shrugged, glancing down to the ink lining my arm. "Some of them do. Others were simply done because I was bored and love the artistic freedom. It's a way of expression, so I just said 'why not?' and kept going.

"I'm even open to getting one now. It's been on my mind recently, as it's been—" I did a quick mental calculation "—seven years since I last got one? I think that's right. Anyway, I was thinking of getting a tattoo of Falcon Claw."

Aaron's father and mother looked shocked, but his mother spoke up first. "You would do that?"

Smiling, I glanced back to the open doors that gave me a clear view of the flowers. "Well, I don't intend on willingly leaving Falcon Claw anytime soon."

"Aaron can show you to our artist if you're serious?"

"You have an artist?" I questioned, tilting my head. Melissa ran into my arms laughing and I responded kindly with a giggle and hug before sending her off to Aaron. He laughed as well before responding.

"Yup. He's forty-something now, but he's done a lot of tattoos for the guards. It's tradition to get inked when you become an official guard member, but not everyone does it."

"That's awesome," I whooped. "There was nothing like that when I grew up in my hometown."

"You want me to bring you there?"

"Sure, why not?" I decided in less than a second that I wanted to do this. This place is truly a part of me, and I don't know how I've survived not having a piece of it physically with me at all times.

Other than Aaron, but not even we're together twenty-four seven.

When we got into the main hall of the castle Aaron explained that the man who does the tattoos doesn't live in the castle, but rather prefers to live in the urban center of the kingdom. Supposedly he gets inspiration there for his work and lives with a perfect view.

The man's house certainly lived beyond my expectations. It was two stories tall but wasn't much bigger than my house. A window on the top floor gave jut the perfect access of view to see people's feet walking by on the upper street levels.

The man himself was indeed in his forties, with brown and gray hair that touched his shoulders as well as a beard and mustache in the same color. He was built surprisingly strong for an artist. I would have expected him to be more of a guard.

"Hello, how can I help you today, your highness?" He smiled, and I noticed as Aaron explained our situation that he seemed very at ease with me. I guess more and more people were accepting the fact that a top-class bloodsucker was their neighbor.